How I went from $0 to $10,000/month on YouTube in only 6 months

Galvin Lee

The Unique Guitarist
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for all the tips! Yes, come to think of it YouTube is actually a decent platform to start earning from, but you'll have to know how to do it. For me, it's more pocket money since I'm a student and I enjoy creating videos on YouTube therefore treating revenue as an incentive!

PinProject

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I noticed you mentioned AdSense, do you find it more effective than AdWords?

Also thanks for the detailed advice!!

Tarmack

Rhetorical Porcupine
Reaction score
I noticed you mentioned AdSense, do you find it more effective than AdWords?

Also thanks for the detailed advice!!
Two sides of the same coin. Adwords is how advertisers pay for ads to be seen by people. AdSense is how people with platforms get paid for showing their viewers ads.

PinProject

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Two sides of the same coin. Adwords is how advertisers pay for ads to be seen by people. AdSense is how people with platforms get paid for showing their viewers ads.
Oh ok, so I'm assuming he used AdSense on his website/blog. I thought he meant on the YouTube channel itself. So then for people with just a YouTube channel AdWords is the way to go.

Tarmack

Rhetorical Porcupine
Reaction score
Oh ok, so I'm assuming he used AdSense on his website/blog. I thought he meant on the YouTube channel itself. So then for people with just a YouTube channel AdWords is the way to go.
No, I mean that Adwords/AdSense are quite literally opposing sides of the same system. Adwords is for the advertisers to set up ads to serve. AdSense serves the ads and pays the platform owner. That platform can be a YouTube channel, or a webpage. It's the same thing. :)

Reactions: markkaz

PinProject

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
No, I mean that Adwords/AdSense are quite literally opposing sides of the same system. Adwords is for the advertisers to set up ads to serve. AdSense serves the ads and pays the platform owner. That platform can be a YouTube channel, or a webpage. It's the same thing. :)
The way I'm looking at is as an advertiser. So for me to promote my channel I need to use AdWords. But for the channels that are showing my ad they are using AdSense.
Essentially AdWords = paying to promote and AdSense = getting paid to promote

Tarmack

Rhetorical Porcupine
Reaction score
The way I'm looking at is as an advertiser. So for me to promote my channel I need to use AdWords. But for the channels that are showing my ad they are using AdSense.
Essentially AdWords = paying to promote and AdSense = getting paid to promote
Yep.

Reactions: PinProject

forever4

Super Poster
Reaction score
That's an awesome way to look at it! YouTube is creating jobs for even those behind the scenes. Thanks for this, I will start looking into a few easy ones to start with. I actually have no ideas to share : ( It's hard enough to try and build up quality in my videos.

I really want to write books however. This is aside from YouTube. To do that, I have outside YouTube stuff to do! Like getting a masters degree!
I see that you already have tons of fans sharing your videos right now already! I'm sure you'll grow it big soon enough!

Hana

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
I see that you already have tons of fans sharing your videos right now already! I'm sure you'll grow it big soon enough!
They are?? Where O: I hope so >.< Spreading knowledge is one of my favourite things. Hopefully it will open new doors : )