How Far Ahead Do You Plan Videos?

Tivo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
How far ahead do you plan out and start working on a video? Most youtubers typically plan at least a week ahead for videos, I'm not talking about that. I'm referring to videos that you start working on anywhere from 3 weeks - a few months. I have video that I started filming for but I won't be finished until May.

I will still be posting other videos in the gap, but have anybody had success doing a video like this? Do you like planning ahead more? Did that video get more views than your other videos? If so, let me know! Thanks

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
It depends on what kind of video I want to do, vlogs I do the same day, but I´m making a traveling video at the moment, collecting clips since the past few months!

Reactions: Tivo

Tivo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It depends on what kind of video I want to do, vlogs I do the same day, but I´m making a traveling video at the moment, collecting clips since the past few months!
Is that travel video the first video that is taking a few months to make?

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Is that travel video the first video that is taking a few months to make?
I have made another video that have taken a few months as well, when I travel, the amount of time I stay in a country, is the time it takes for me to make that video, for example, if I stay a week in NYC, I will film some clips during that week, and make the video when I get home!

Turk-Lvlone

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have a schedule that goes to about 3 weeks, but I don't usually start writing and recording until about a week before I post the video.

Mcrocks9

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Depends of what channel I am focusing on. On my main channel it's about a month and the other two are about 2 months. I usually do 1 video a week.

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I usually don't. I'm pretty much liek "Oh that sounds like a cool idea" write it down, and then wing it. I've pretty much winged my entire life. It's going fine so far.

Reactions: Nikkinsaa97

Tivo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Depends of what channel I am focusing on. On my main channel it's about a month and the other two are about 2 months. I usually do 1 video a week.
ahhh ok, I see. That seems very organized[DOUBLEPOST=1485620295,1485620267][/DOUBLEPOST]
I usually don't. I'm pretty much liek "Oh that sounds like a cool idea" write it down, and then wing it. I've pretty much winged my entire life. It's going fine so far.
hahahah, that's awesome!

Reactions: Mcrocks9

SvenInMotion

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Some videos I make within a week, and some I plan ahead a lot before I make them. I still have a couple of scripts laying around for 3 weeks now.

Nikkinsaa97

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
This is literally what I do AHAHAHAHA
even my travel vlogs i wing all of them and just work on the editing after