How do you script your videos?

micheblea83

Reaction score
I want to spend more doing videos talking about marketing. I've got alot to share. However, I find that I generally lose my state of thought when I look at the camera and have to do multiple takes.
I'm wondering what your scripting process looks like? How do you ensure you minimize the amount of time it takes to producing the content while maximizing the impact of the content?

Rhody Seth

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician
Most of the time when I'm talking I'm out in the woods so I just do a bunch of takes and then either pick the best one or splice a couple together.

Okay, well I do the same thing when I'm just sitting in front of the camera at home (which is rare thus far). Probably would be beneficial to write stuff down ahead of time but I haven't gotten there yet.

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
write an outline and stick to it.
For example if I was to make a video about YouTube shorts. I would ask my self what are 3 important things people would want to know. What are they, why should they care, how do they start using it.
If I were to write a story I would ask myself the same questions phrased differently though. What's the interesting part? why would anyone care about this? can we cut this out?

Tito Tims Videos

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Outside I tend to film and talk about wherever I am. I do multiple takes, saying different things, and like a take with no talking. Then edit them together. I am editing in my mind as I film, so it is easier when I actually sit down at the computer.

If I am doing a 'talking head' video I just make a mental outline, and kind of wing it. In over 600 vids I think I have actually scripted two(?). If that many.

micheblea83

Reaction score
I want to spend more doing videos talking about marketing. I've got alot to share. However, I find that I generally lose my state of thought when I look at the camera and have to do multiple takes.
I'm wondering what your scripting process looks like? How do you ensure you minimize the amount of time it takes to producing the content while maximizing the impact of the content? https://19216811.cam/
issue got solved