How do you promote your own content on twitter?

CarlosDominguez

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
So I somewhat getting the hang of youtube but I am still a total noob on promoting my videos on twitter, how do you as individual youtubers promote your content on twitter?

Reactions: Vladdy

Vladdy

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
So I somewhat getting the hang of youtube but I am still a total noob on promoting my videos on twitter, how do you as individual youtubers promote your content on twitter?
I’m not pro or anything, I started recently but from what I’ve seen and read ppl are suggesting to use hashtags, find related topics to your vid, get engaged in the community without promoting yourself at first. Promoting vids is a hustle. Also u can follow a few Twitter accs who RT your stuff if u mention them in your post.

CarlosDominguez

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Okay thank you vladdy this actually helps! I've avoiding spamming in forums I am doing my best to be part of the community in any way I can.

Reactions: Vladdy

Pro Kie

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would say try using hashtags that are relevant to your content, if one person likes or retweets your tweet, than some of there followers may be attracted to your content. And do not do sub for sub as they probably won't watch your content.

wchap001

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I never promoted...maybe on rare occasions when it benefits the community. I let youtube do its thing and promote within. realistically people hate those youtube spammers on channels and not to mention will kill your channel. even on these dirtbike forums and FB groups I get annoyed at all the youtube spammers its annoying although I YT myself, except I dont do it to get big. I just do it for myself as a self diary in a way. I now get about 120+ subs a month and I do 0 promoting. but at the beginning I was getting maybe 2 or 3 a month.

people are so focused on getting big that it becomes another job and they will burn out. Just do good videos and if they are good people will want to follow

CarlosDominguez

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Okay thank you for sharing that wchap 001 I try avoid spamming as much as possible too. But I do try to get involved with the community as much as possible.

Giz Edwards

Reaction score
Website
www.clipshare.co.uk
Best advice is to copy the 'Gary Vee' or 'ClipShare' methodology.

Get great snippets of your content e.g. 30 seconds. Upload them DIRECTLY to Twitter, add the relevant hashtags etc, and post.

Twitters algorithm is catered to share content that is posted to Twitter, more favourably than it would if there was an embedded link from YouTube. So make sure its posted DIRECTLY to Twitter (otherwise known as native).

What content is snippet-able?
  1. If you talk about a subject that can be hash-tagged - post it on Twitter.
  2. If you talk about a person - post it on Twitter and tag them in it.
  3. If you visit a place - post it on Twitter and tag the building or hash tag the city.
There are loads of options. It can also be content that is not one of the three but makes you laugh or would have a power punchy message.