How do you light your video?

AM2PM

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I have a very crude DIY setup in my basement. I have a pair of 2 tube fluorescent work lights on either side of my green screen. Then I made a light box with 3 fairly big compact fluorescent bulbs that I use to light our faces. It does the job on the Green screen, but I'd obviously like it to be a lot better. It was pretty cheap to set up, and get us started. Once the YouTube riches start flowing I'll get something better setup.

What do you guys use?

MattyGreen

Music and Mess...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I have Daylight bulbs in all the lights here, plus that with softboxes in what ever position makes the most sense for each video. Pretty amateur but gets the job done!

Reactions: AM2PM

AudVid Bros

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Really depends. We will use random lights that are on location or maybe a couple of soft boxes if it is more of a studio setup. We also have some color changing gels that have come in handy.

We try to use what we have available because sometimes big studio lights are too much of a hassle. Though we have been caring the around more recently.

James Strange

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I use one softbox to light the background and 2 LED lights to light the subject. The LED's have adjustable intensity and wavelength.

Reactions: AM2PM