How do you handle missing your uploading schedule?

PositivelyBrainwashed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I missed two months, then came back stronger then ever and my channel doubled in size. Like some have mentioned, life happens. There's no point looking back at what you wish you did, that's just wasting more time. Instead just move forward so that a week or month from now, you're not feeling what you're feeling now.

Envision Adventure

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I wouldn't feel bad about it. Just use it as motivation to keep going and get back on schedule. I set a goal to put out a video every week and haven't missed a week. Sure, some of my videos weren't very good. That's just part of the learning process. Creating is the only way to improve. I just try to give myself enough time so I don't stress out about it. I typically like to plan my videos a week in advance. Gives me plenty of time to edit.

PureDangles

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
When i first started youtubing 6 months ago i had a strict monday, wednesday, friday. Upload schedule. I would even though in a video sometimes on saturday mornings. This was tough to keep up on with work, working out, and my girlfriend (also her not knowing about my youtube channel is another piece of the puzzle). I was pretty good at keeping up with this, but then my computer crashed. I missed two weeks of videos (live streamed a few times) and got my computer back, but it was running slower than ever! now i scrapped my schedule because keeping up with it, with this computer is impossible! Its hard because i love making and editing videos, and watching my views go down/the graphs plummet is tough. But i know ill over come it, and my 2017 youtube resolution is to become a more determined youtuber.

Samira

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
When i first started youtubing 6 months ago i had a strict monday, wednesday, friday. Upload schedule. I would even though in a video sometimes on saturday mornings. This was tough to keep up on with work, working out, and my girlfriend (also her not knowing about my youtube channel is another piece of the puzzle). I was pretty good at keeping up with this, but then my computer crashed. I missed two weeks of videos (live streamed a few times) and got my computer back, but it was running slower than ever! now i scrapped my schedule because keeping up with it, with this computer is impossible! Its hard because i love making and editing videos, and watching my views go down/the graphs plummet is tough. But i know ill over come it, and my 2017 youtube resolution is to become a more determined youtuber.

Why does your girlfriend not know ?

PureDangles

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Why does your girlfriend not know ?
Not ready to tell her yet. I want to tell her when its something i can really impress her with. like once i hit a good amount of subs. thats when i want to tell her.

Boseen

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Not ready to tell her yet. I want to tell her when its something i can really impress her with. like once i hit a good amount of subs. thats when i want to tell her.
I can understand why, but isn't it frustrating to keep it from her?

It sucks btw that your laptop failed on you. Maybe save up money to invest in a better one?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

PureDangles

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I can understand why, but isn't it frustrating to keep it from her?

It sucks btw that your laptop failed on you. Maybe save up money to invest in a better one?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
uhhhh i wouldnt say frustrating. Its kind of annoying, but its something i want to keep to myself right now. Like my parents dont know either. Only my close friends know. Well i have a mac book pro, but its old. Im planning on bringing it to an apple store and telling them to do whatever they can to make it run faster.

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
People always find the time for the things they want to do, barring illness or huge life issues (or kids...kids take a lot of time and effort, which is why I never had any...). It's okay to not want to keep a consistent schedule, but then don't feel terrible about it. Embrace the idea that uploading irregularly works better for your life and your current interest in YouTube and adjust your expectations accordingly.

That sounds snarky, but I'm really not trying to be. There are a lot of things to do that are easier to keep up with and more rewarding more quickly than YouTube, but it's also a perfectly okay platform on which to just add content when you want to. There's no rule stating you have to upload on a consistent schedule; it's just better for finding an audience and growing a subscriber base.

If you miss an upload in your schedule, get right back on the schedule. Then don't miss an upload again. Pre-recording and using the scheduling option can help. Using the mobile uploader on your phone to do a quick, "Hi, I'm still alive and will be back" to let your audience know on the expected day is easy enough.

It seems that, with scheduling questions, people want to know how to upload regularly when they don't really want to upload regularly, which...it's hard, really. As Yoda says, "Do or do not. There is no try."