How do you handle missing your uploading schedule?

Boseen

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So I've recently started uploading stuff on youtube again. Most part because I felt more confident to try it again, so might as wel start sooner than later. So after 2 consistent weeks of uploading I slipped up and didn't manage to film and prepare a video for this week. And I kind of feel bad about it. Because I really wanted to keep up with a consistent upload schedule. Which was around Thursday. Now I know I won't have any time the next few days, so It sucks to miss this week and feels like a disappointment.

How do you guys deel with these kind of stuff?

JRTrax

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
Here is the deal. Tough love for you. You either put out the video or you don't. Either grab those views or not. Youtube is a no excuse no nonsense business. If you are big you can skip a video and be just fine. But starting out you just do it. There are no excuses at all if this is what you want. So from now on you get that video out or you take the loss in views and subs. YOU FIRED UP NOW!?

Nanonium

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
If I was to fail to upload on time since I upload at a specific time, which I slipped (not my fault, it took 2hrs to upload instead of 10 minutes) I make sure I let my viewers know over on twitter, many people may not follow me but I make sure I inform my audience if I happen to slip. If I was to slip due to other reasons I would just feel bad and move on and try to make it not happen again.

MasterDF

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
So I've recently started uploading stuff on youtube again. Most part because I felt more confident to try it again, so might as wel start sooner than later. So after 2 consistent weeks of uploading I slipped up and didn't manage to film and prepare a video for this week. And I kind of feel bad about it. Because I really wanted to keep up with a consistent upload schedule. Which was around Thursday. Now I know I won't have any time the next few days, so It sucks to miss this week and feels like a disappointment.

Life happens and no one is perfect. I havenr made a video in 2 weeks mainly because ove been working everyday. Jjst keep yourself motivated and work hard every week. :3

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other

Don't feel bad about it, just learn from it. In my experience having a rigid schedule helps force you into a routine and makes you find the time to upload. Family and friends know when you film and get to know that they can't disturb you. After all its work, you're working on something you love but it's still work. I stick to Mondays and Fridays at 5pm GMT which means I have a structured filming routine. But hey sometimes I miss a day because life happens and my day job. I mean I had to miss last Monday because of it being Christmas. Just do your best

iMSaiyan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score

You either do it or you don't ! I've met a lot of people who wanted to do YouTube and go somewhere with it even though chances are very low for anyone, but they talk a big game but at the end of it they don't really go through with what they said. I'm a pretty firm believer that if you REALLY want something you'd do anything to achieve it even if that means yes, working through something when you feel like you are going to die, staying up for 20 hours and sleeping only 4 hours, even if that means giving up a lot of stuff. To whatever extent if you want it, you can do it. So yeah, some people do things when it's "convenient or slightly convenient" for them which isn't the same thing as really wanting it.

Samira

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Why dont you pre film your videos . I film nearly everything at least a week early giving me enough time to edit and upload. I have Ideas for the next couple videos already weitten down and the day I have tlme I film. If i want to join in to a trend then I have to work harder to get it out and just delay the other vids by a bit :)

Reactions: Boseen and Hulio

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
I feel ya.
I haven't had any motivation or energy to make a video in over a week. It sucks, but hopefully I'll be able to produce something this weekend when my friend comes over ^^
Motivation comes in waves for me. Sometimes I'm super motivated, other times I can't get myself up from the sofa lol

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the strategy / technique advice forum. ^^

I think it's okay. A missed week here and there from being busy seems to wash away when another video is posted -- at least that has been the case for me. I think it's best to try to stick to a schedule, but we all have lives, and it's healthier to live them outside of the Internet.

Boseen

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I feel ya.
I haven't had any motivation or energy to make a video in over a week. It sucks, but hopefully I'll be able to produce something this weekend when my friend comes over ^^
Motivation comes in waves for me. Sometimes I'm super motivated, other times I can't get myself up from the sofa lol
I have those too. Sucks sometimes. Right now I felt on a good wave and getting back into it. so sucks to skip a week.

Why dont you pre film your videos . I film nearly everything at least a week early giving me enough time to edit and upload. I have Ideas for the next couple videos already weitten down and the day I have tlme I film. If i want to join in to a trend then I have to work harder to get it out and just delay the other vids by a bit :)
Sounds like a great idea. Didn't think of it yet, but It would definitely help with the whole getting stuff ready for each week.

You either do it or you don't ! I've met a lot of people who wanted to do YouTube and go somewhere with it even though chances are very low for anyone, but they talk a big game but at the end of it they don't really go through with what they said. I'm a pretty firm believer that if you REALLY want something you'd do anything to achieve it even if that means yes, working through something when you feel like you are going to die, staying up for 20 hours and sleeping only 4 hours, even if that means giving up a lot of stuff. To whatever extent if you want it, you can do it. So yeah, some people do things when it's "convenient or slightly convenient" for them which isn't the same thing as really wanting it.
Thanks for the answer. This works as a good reality check on how bad you want it. Take the extra times always works better.

Don't feel bad about it, just learn from it. In my experience having a rigid schedule helps force you into a routine and makes you find the time to upload. Family and friends know when you film and get to know that they can't disturb you. After all its work, you're working on something you love but it's still work. I stick to Mondays and Fridays at 5pm GMT which means I have a structured filming routine. But hey sometimes I miss a day because life happens and my day job. I mean I had to miss last Monday because of it being Christmas. Just do your best
I have a bit of trouble finding the right schedule for me. Especially the last few weeks due too all the hectics of the holidays and deadlines. So after this it should workout for a bit. The advice does help finding the right schedule that works :)