How do you add a facecam..?

NaturalPortman

I've Got It
I've been wanting to add one to my videos but how is it done? Is the face recording recorded completely seperate from the microphone audio? Or is it done with the same program. Currently I use sony vegas pro 11 for editing, audacity to capture my microphone audio and use fraps to capture my gameplay.

Any one here wanna help :D?

I have never done this before nor have I seen anyone give advice on this before but going with what I would do in that situation I would start by recording the gameplay, say if its on the PC using Fraps, at the same time as I record I would have a webcamera or video camera positioned and hit record on that at the same time. Once its all recorded I would put the gaming footage on its own track, then put the face clip over the top and adjust it so the timings correct and maybe chop off the start of the face recording. After that I would use track motion in Sony Vegas to make the facecam clip smaller and the position it in whatever corner is best. Good luck man and maybe someone with experience will know the best way.

I have never done this before nor have I seen anyone give advice on this before but going with what I would do in that situation I would start by recording the gameplay, say if its on the PC using Fraps, at the same time as I record I would have a webcamera or video camera positioned and hit record on that at the same time. Once its all recorded I would put the gaming footage on its own track, then put the face clip over the top and adjust it so the timings correct and maybe chop off the start of the face recording. After that I would use track motion in Sony Vegas to make the facecam clip smaller and the position it in whatever corner is best. Good luck man and maybe someone with experience will know the best way.
alright ill give it a shot!! thanks man

thats the way i've done it in the past michael :p but why do u use audacity to capture mic audio? doesnt your fraps capture both the game audio and your mic audio anyways?

thats the way i've done it in the past michael :p but why do u use audacity to capture mic audio? doesnt your fraps capture both the game audio and your mic audio anyways?
I like to play with the volume levels while editing. plus I can edit my mic audio directly on audacity

Back