How do I get a consistent upload schedule?

BloomingSky

Reaction score
I've been trying to make it consistent, but I keep missing dates I want to upload. How do I make it more consistent?

cy's escapes

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm trying for the same thing. I've been trying to do a new video every two weeks.

Depending on how often you are trying to post, you could try to aim to complete the video a day or two before the day you actually want to post, and trick yourself into completing it sooner. You could split your time and work on two or three projects at once so that you are not starting from 0 each video. Good luck!

Min/Max Munchking

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
It's one of the biggest hurdles for me too. I feel like if I can nail a much more consistent upload rate, my channel would easily double or triple in monthly views.

It ultimately boils down to having a smooth and refined system in place, one that lends itself optimally for a predictable content scheduling and routine. That means you don't spend a single minute more than absolutely needed to edit videos, research new content, write video scripts, think about titles, thumbnail, descriptions and tags, pour over analytics, and all the other things we have to do to grow. I would lie if I said I don't get caught up wasting exorbitant amount of time on a bunch of those activities, way past the point of diminishing returns. Needless to say, proper nutrition and sleeping schedule help tremendously as a foundation to pretty much everything we do in life.

Optimization of everything we do and think about is key to a fluid workflow and content output, because you need to clear your mind of clutter as much as you need time and energy to do what you want and have to do.

Good luck and keep uploading.

asburyboss

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
This is something I struggle with too.
I make vids about real life horror, hauntings, serial killers etc they are short and rarely exceed the ten minute mark but I'm lucky if I can make two a week.
I also write fictional horror stories and do the artwork for them , this is time consuming and something I'm working on.
My target is two Nightmare truth videos a week - (my true horror vids) and one 'On a dark night' video (my fictional stories).
With work and a relationship and other things it's hard to fit in. I even took a writing pad so I could research in work when I'm on my break but people keep bloody talking to me and I can never get anything done!

Somehow the other week I actually made four videos in a week , the short ones which still take up a lot of hours so I put two on one week and scheduled two for the week after in youtube studio, if you can make a few extra and then spread them out then hopefully it might give you some time to prepare some for when those videos actually go public.

Hope you find time to upload more.

Graphic Designer

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I kinda feel sorry for the people that need days or weeks to make each video. From what I understand, the YT algorithm wants daily uploads, or as frequently as possible. I wonder if it is smart enough to know that travel videos take way longer to plan and execute and therefore the time between uploads will be significant.

cy's escapes

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I kinda feel sorry for the people that need days or weeks to make each video. From what I understand, the YT algorithm wants daily uploads, or as frequently as possible. I wonder if it is smart enough to know that travel videos take way longer to plan and execute and therefore the time between uploads will be significant.
That's me / my channel in a nutshell... lol.

Graphic Designer

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That's me / my channel in a nutshell... lol.
If I was in your position, I would upload filler videos just to increase consistency. Your main videos would be the ones where you go to locations to film. The filler videos would be of you sitting at home discussing the next main video ie. shooting locations, when you plan to go to the location, a brief history (or interesting info) about the location etc. But keep the filler videos short, say less than 3 minutes. That way instead of uploading a video every 2 weeks, you can upload one a week. This will please the YT algorithm. :)

Reactions: cy's escapes

Tito Tims Videos

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
A consistent schedule requires ample video ideas, an organized workflow, and self discipline.

The number of uploads does not seem to as important as the regular schedule. I see channels doing very well on one video a week - but it is a dependable same day/time release.

I was posting 3 videos a week for about 2 years, and got tired. So I went down to 2 a week. I tend to work in batches, so I get 4 or 5 vids finished at one time (each trip can be numerous vids). I upload and schedule them. I recently moved to Boracay (resort island in the Philippines) so I have too many vids now. I have scheduled 3 a week and am scheduled out until the end of October already. I make sure and plan enough editing time each day to maintain my release schedule. (of course I keep rum & coke time too ha ha)

How much time a day to schedule for video production?

Reactions: MyLumoLife

Medivia Sesh

Reaction score
Honestly, it kind of just boils down to how much work can you do in order to produce the video consistently, I used to be able to produce 2 videos a week, but then I got a new job and I can now only produce 1 video a week. It takes me 1 day to record and then 4 days to actually edit in time for my deadline. Best way to stay consistent, I guess to treat it like a important school work that due on that day. But ofcourse you gotta have fun with it and such haha.

asburyboss

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
As we all do no doubt it can be a struggle fitting it in so obviously upload whenever you can.
I try to do two a week but this week I could only do one.
On average for my short videos it may take up to 4 hours each if I get stuck in but I'm also working on my fictional stories which take longer and I try and do one a month, the fictional stories ones are two of my more popular ones so I will try and do those still but I am struggling .
I have a few late nights doing them so by the time I'm off work I'll hopefully get to finish them.
I must admit I barely saw my girlfriend last week as she had some jobs to finish which helped but I wouldn't not see her for the videos !!
I know there are some pretty successful youtubers doing just a couple of videos a week and doing alright out of it too .
I'd try and aim for a realistic target and when you get chance make more so you can upload at a later date without worrying about a 'deadline' so to speak.