How do İ get subs without spam?

FromFatmanToFitman

Reaction score
Hello guys,

İ just recently started to change my lifestyle and loose weight. İn my videos İ vlog about my weekly weight loss. The main purpose of my youtube-channel is to motivate other people to loose weight aswell! İf İ can loose weight, everyone can loose weight.

My question is : How can İ get interessted subscribers without having to spam anyone? İ read mostly with tags, but how do İ even make good tags about loosing weight?

Thanks in advance!

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
A whole book can be written about how to gets subscribers. Lots of info if you search through the threads already. It's a long hard slog.

The tag question is easier. See diagram below. In YT, put in 'lose weight' in the search bar, pick your desired search term that comes up and is closely related to your sub-category of weight loss, go to the top few videos that YT recommends, install the TubeBuddy plugin, click "Tags" and ii will show you the tags the video uses and where it's ranked.
Repeat for about 20-50 videos, put the tags into Excel and categorize, and you'll have a fantastic idea of what tags are used for what categories of weight loss, as well as general wellness and health tags.
Most, but not all, will be 1-3 word tags. You'll want to make long-tailed ones, say 4-6 words, look for ones that have good search volume but low competition (in TubeBuddy).

weight.jpg

WeegieMovies

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian, Reviewer
There's literally thousands of articles on the internet about how to grow and engage with subscribers, as well as fantastic resources on this forum itself. Check the articles and sticky posts. Trust me, any question you have has been asked and answered here before.

Jake Fuller

I Vlog, Therefore I Am
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Awesome Journey, My suggestion is go where your target audience is and be active. I use bodybuilding.com, myfitnesspal.com community and the fitbit community, as well as proper SEO for tags, titles and descriptions as stated above. I wish you the best of luck on your weight loss journey!

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Stick with it. So many channels give up after a few weeks or month, or stop posting regularly after that time. So make a nice library of videos you've created and reach out to other creators in your category who might be interested in collaborating as well.

FromFatmanToFitman

Reaction score
A whole book can be written about how to gets subscribers. Lots of info if you search through the threads already. It's a long hard slog.

The tag question is easier. See diagram below. In YT, put in 'lose weight' in the search bar, pick your desired search term that comes up and is closely related to your sub-category of weight loss, go to the top few videos that YT recommends, install the TubeBuddy plugin, click "Tags" and ii will show you the tags the video uses and where it's ranked.
Repeat for about 20-50 videos, put the tags into Excel and categorize, and you'll have a fantastic idea of what tags are used for what categories of weight loss, as well as general wellness and health tags.
Most, but not all, will be 1-3 word tags. You'll want to make long-tailed ones, say 4-6 words, look for ones that have good search volume but low competition (in TubeBuddy).

View attachment 36182

So you are telling me to use the same tags for all my videos? İ was manually generating tags for each video

FromFatmanToFitman

Reaction score
Awesome Journey, My suggestion is go where your target audience is and be active. I use bodybuilding.com, myfitnesspal.com community and the fitbit community, as well as proper SEO for tags, titles and descriptions
as stated above. I wish you the best of luck on your weight loss journey!
Thanks! Yes İ am also looking for propper communities, but the hard thing is : when you don´t have a lot of subs yet, people don´t take you that serious!

FromFatmanToFitman

Reaction score
Stick with it. So many channels give up after a few weeks or month, or stop posting regularly after that time. So make a nice library of videos you've created and reach out to other creators in your category who might be interested in collaborating as well.
Thank you! Yes that is it! Well İ am here to motivate myself and other people, so İ am definitely not feeling like giving up![DOUBLEPOST=1467550694,1467550571][/DOUBLEPOST]
There's literally thousands of articles on the internet about how to grow and engage with subscribers, as well as fantastic resources on this forum itself. Check the articles and sticky posts. Trust me, any question you have has been asked and answered here before.
Thanks İ will check the forum!

Reactions: xingcat

ChargunHD

The FawX is on the Hunt
Reaction score
Website
www.twitch.tv
Channel Type
Gamer
If you want to gain some interest in your progress and want to encourage more people into loosing weight and motivating more people I suggest trying out Reddit.

Reddit is very much community based and I know 1 factor of Weight Loss is having supportive friend or family members around you while going through the process.

Share your experience and your progress with people similar to your situation on Reddit, show them your progress pictures first and then mention you have a YouTube channel where you document your weight loss transformation. Don't push it on anyone or blurt it out to everyone who comes in contact with you.

Talk to people, share your experiences, tips and tricks and mention your channel if their interested and let the ball roll from there.

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So you are telling me to use the same tags for all my videos? İ was manually generating tags for each video
I would recommend 20% common tags across all videos to tie them together with the channel, and 80% unique tags for each video, including long tailed ones. However if the videos are very closely related, it may be hard to get that 80% uniqueness.
For example for us, the common tags across all videos would be: toys, toy, kids, toysreview ... and a few other.... Specific tags would relate to the toy and what the kids are doing in each video.