How can i improve?!

mikeyb0bs

I've Got It
hey guys, just wanted to know how i can improve my channel etc, ive uploaded 41 videos (with 2 or 3 privated/unlisted) but only have 7 subscribers! So I'm obviously doing something wrong!

Be as brutally honest as you like - so long as you have something constructive to say, i wont mind hearing it! So how can i improve, guys?!

I see a lot of people with 3 or less videos (i would probably say are of a lower standard than my own, no offence to them), yet even they still have more people who have subscribed than i do!

so how exactly can i better myself? :)

Well, Quantity doesn't always guarantee subs. I have over 100 videos and I don't have near as many subs as some people who have less than 30 videos. You should comment on a lot of videos. Not "Check out my channel" comments, though. Each comment you leave on a video is another link you made for your channel. If you comment on a video and you make a lot of sense, or make people laugh, you can get top comment and then it makes that link to your channel more appealing. That's all I have. I wish I could give more advice, but I'm a struggling YouTuber as well. Good luck!

You are actually doing really well dude. Your videos are really good quality, but maybe its not what people are searching for. Try to cover current topics, with specific titles that people would search for or find in related videos. Make sure your tags are sorted out well, and there are many threads to help that around this forum.

Nothing wrong with your content, it might just not be what people are looking for. All you need is one or two 'huge' videos that are popular to put you into lots of related videos, then your channel will grow insanely quick. So maybe do what your doing, but put effort into a project that you think people might like, some people do a short film and share it around, some people do tutorials on something difficult. But try to be unique and im sure you can do well!

Best of luck to you

You need to market yourself A LOT.

You don't stumble across videos anymore as you once did when youtube was new. It's way too big for that now.

Nowadays you have to find the viewers. Viewers don't find you anymore.

Hey thanks man, that's a real confidence booster! I hope you are right - and I will definitely do s
You are actually doing really well dude. Your videos are really good quality, but maybe its not what people are searching for. Try to cover current topics, with specific titles that people would search for or find in related videos. Make sure your tags are sorted out well, and there are many threads to help that around this forum.

Nothing wrong with your content, it might just not be what people are looking for. All you need is one or two 'huge' videos that are popular to put you into lots of related videos, then your channel will grow insanely quick. So maybe do what your doing, but put effort into a project that you think people might like, some people do a short film and share it around, some people do tutorials on something difficult. But try to be unique and im sure you can do well!

Best of luck to you
nks aaaa[DOUBLEPOST=1380750960,1380750920][/DOUBLEPOST]do some more topical videos :) thanks for your advice - top man![DOUBLEPOST=1380751117][/DOUBLEPOST]Thanks for everyone's contribution so far! - it's really helpful! :)

Wow! Your channel is actually really nice looking! Love the banner and your videos don't look bad at all! :cool:

I'm gonna say this comes down to not promoting enough. You gotta use Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Google+, all of that stuff. Instagram even. If you can afford it, a website would probably help things as well. Promotion is key, grasshopper.

I've learned this myself. I didn't marked myself enough, and I had as many videos as you in a much shorter timespan. Now I know better though. xD

Wow! Your channel is actually really nice looking! Love the banner and your videos don't look bad at all! :cool:

I'm gonna say this comes down to not promoting enough. You gotta use Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Google+, all of that stuff. Instagram even. If you can afford it, a website would probably help things as well. Promotion is key, grasshopper.

I've learned this myself. I didn't marked myself enough, and I had as many videos as you in a much shorter timespan. Now I know better though. xD
Hey thanks dude! Yeah I totally see your point - It sounds crazy but to start with, i wasn't even tagging my videos either in case some of the idiots at school came across it! But thankfully them days are behind me! So promoting my channel using social media is key! Thanks for your help![DOUBLEPOST=1380751508,1380751480][/DOUBLEPOST]

Hey thanks dude! Yeah I totally see your point - It sounds crazy but to start with, i wasn't even tagging my videos either in case some of the idiots at school came across it! But thankfully them days are behind me! So promoting my channel using social media is key! Thanks for your help!

^^You need to get out and start marketing yourself/channel. Ask your family, friends ect to check out your channel and subscribe? Advertise your channel on every social media you can find and stay active!

Also i think you need to post more regularly or make a schedule when the next video comes out. Every bit helps!

I'm a sucker for british accents so I subscribed.. ha. You're videos are actually pretty good you just been to promote yourself :)!

Back