Short Film How can I find actors and filmmakers in my area?

AndrewProductionsTV

Director | FilmMaker | Ranter
I live in Houston tx, and I've been struggling to find good actors. It's never hard to get someone whose willing to help out on set (like boom pole operators) but i always have troubble finding a really good actor who is good for the role. Does anyone know if there's a website or something to find actors in my area that are willing to act just go get more experience?

Something like voice acting club\alliance but for screen acting? I do not know any English sites for that, sorry.

Well first of all there is always craigslist. I don't know how well that works, but that is always an option if nothing else works. Just be sure to always meet in a public place.

But in all seriousness, being a college student myself, the best thing I can think of is going to local colleges. Send an e-mail or talk to a video or acting teacher at a local community college or university. Maybe you can put up an ad on a bulletin board on campus or the the video teacher can recommend some students. A lot of students would love to find ways to build their resume and performance credits. If you talked to them you probably could just pay them in food and credit in the film or maybe a copy of the finished product. There are lot of talented people in colleges who want to act but don't know how to find the opportunity. This is especially true at community colleges, where there usually isn't a video or acting degree available.

Hope this helped.

It may sound old school but put up fliers if you're looking for something more than just "goofing around" on camera.

Back