Honest feedback on my Short Docs Segment

MartinTabanag

Reaction score
Hey guys! I make short docs from random people on my channel. I've been doing it for quite some time now. Now, I have already 11 short docs from people around the world. My problem is I don't know how to let people show that these people have amazing stories to tell. I'm not sure if my editing is bad if my film is awful because not many people watch it.
I was hoping if you guys could give me an honest feedback from these videos, to stories, to editing, to film, to set up, to questions I asked, to thumbnails and to how long should I make the video.
I'm also hoping if you guys could share some tips and advice to help this segment grow, tell me what's missing and things I need to improve.

veronica33067

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey guys! I make short docs from random people on my channel. I've been doing it for quite some time now. Now, I have already 11 short docs from people around the world. My problem is I don't know how to let people show that these people have amazing stories to tell. I'm not sure if my editing is bad if my film is awful because not many people watch it.
I was hoping if you guys could give me an honest feedback from these videos, to stories, to editing, to film, to set up, to questions I asked, to thumbnails and to how long should I make the video.
I'm also hoping if you guys could share some tips and advice to help this segment grow, tell me what's missing and things I need to improve.
:eeks:

I love your banner! The font, the icons, the images, wow! :woot2:

I watched your bully video about Ren. You seemed to have captured what you need to tell the story, i.e. photos and lots of b-roll. However, :biggrin: I don't want to say how long or short a video should be but her video was unnecessarily long. I say this because I felt like I was hearing the same thing over and over again with random b-rolls shots. :unsure2:

I think it would have been better in the beginning to have a longer b-roll shot of her beatboxing. Other b-rolls shots should have included the school she went to where the bullying occurred, a year book photo of how she looked in said grade. She mentioned other things she got into to help her with the bullying like dancing. It would have been great to see photos and b-roll shots of that. Also, places she beatbox, awards she's won (if applicable), how beatboxing is working out for her now. The close was a good but maybe she could have mentioned how beatboxing helped her overcome bullying. Now, she's beatboxing all over the world making a difference in many people's lives who also suffered from bullying as well as depression, lost, etc. I know she mentioned this earlier in the video but it would have been better as a closing. However more details should be included as to how beatboxing helped her overcome bullying.

I hope you get what I'm saying. I know you had lots of photos of events, etc. but it would have helped to know where the photo was taken. What's the event, etc. You get me? :unsure:

I hope this helps but overall, you seem to know what you're doing. ;)

Last edited:

MartinTabanag

Reaction score
Th
:eeks:

I love your banner! The font, the icons, the images, wow! :woot2:

I watched your bully video about Ren. You seemed to have captured what you need to tell the story, i.e. photos and lots of b-roll. However, :biggrin: I don't want to say how long or short a video should be but her video was unnecessarily long. I say this because I felt like I was hearing the same thing over and over again with random b-rolls shots. :unsure2:

I think it would have been better in the beginning to have a longer b-roll shot of her beatboxing. Other b-rolls shots should have included the school she went to where the bullying occurred, a year book photo of how she looked in said grade. She mentioned other things she got into to help her with the bullying like dancing. It would have been great to see photos and b-roll shots of that. Also, places she beatbox, awards she's won (if applicable), how beatboxing is working out for her now. The close was a good but maybe she could have mentioned how beatboxing helped her overcome bullying. Now, she's beatboxing all over the world making a difference in many people's lives who also suffered from bullying as well as depression, lost, etc. I know she mentioned this earlier in the video but it would have been better as a closing. However more details should be included as to how beatboxing helped her overcome bullying.

I hope you get what I'm saying. I know you had lots of photos of events, etc. but it would have helped to know where the photo was taken. What's the event, etc. You get me? :unsure:

I hope this helps but overall, you seem to know what you're doing. ;)
Thank you so much for your feedback Veronica and taking the time. I understand that i need to improve a lot. Im doing it slowly because im only a one man team. Im really glad you liked it. My goal is to inspire a lot of people someday.

Reactions: veronica33067

veronica33067

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Th

Thank you so much for your feedback Veronica and taking the time. I understand that i need to improve a lot. Im doing it slowly because im only a one man team. Im really glad you liked it. My goal is to inspire a lot of people someday.
:welldone: