Hiding number of subscribers for a new channel?

RTT

I've Got It
Hi All,

Many say that people don't like to subscribe if channel doesn't have high number of subscribers. Did anyone try to hide number of subscribers until there is enough to show? Is it better than showing 70 subscribers for example?

Thanks.
 
In my opinion it's a little odd and even though it's not a big deal some people might appreciate the transparency of showing subs
 
  • Like
Reactions: RTT
I didn't hide mine when i started....what probably will deter me from subscribing is the quality of the content. If the content is not really good i won't sub it. In fact i treat it like an indicator that i am doing something right. If i post and i see subs going up that means i am on to something.
 
  • Like
Reactions: RTT
Thanks a lot for your responses. Will think about it, but I've been following a few small channels and found 3 out of 20 hid their subscribers count...
 
Psychologically, there is something there. How many people feel comfortable being the first onto a dance floor? But i must admit, it will look strange if you hide the number. I've only ever seen one other channel do that, ever, and it stuck with me.

As someone else said, if you can improve the quality of your content, people will more likely sub.

I think for me, if I watch a vid and like what I see, i will still sub even if they have 0 subs :)
 
I come accross a video with hidden subs. The video had tons of views, like nearly a million views and the video come across professional. I checked out the channel and there was only 3 or 4 vids less than a couple of weeks old. This one video had gone 'viral' and although they had views perhaps a new channel/few subs put off new subs? Hidding the number perhaps gained more subs or at least intrigue?
 
I always assumed it was just for large companies who were embarassed that they got into the youtube game late. If people really like your stuff, they'll subscribe, and if they don't, they won't.
 
Don't do it .. Be transparent. I've toyed around with it a couple of times and it doesn't make a difference in subscriber gain
 
Back
Top