Help?

AntsDeKing

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
It all starts with an idea, think of one and once you do that!

Either write down what you’d say word for word

or
If you like to improvise have it down as bullet points and you can talk about it as it comes to you

GamePointz

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
At first i started out writing word for word.
After a few videos I figured out I can break my idea into several segments which made it easier to script. (Since I do guides for Dota 2 Heroes, I use segments like INTRO, HERO INTRO, POWERS/SPELLS, ITEM CHOICES, CLOSING THOUGHTS, etc.)
Now I do something more like a sketch (still in segments), I don't write word to word, I kinda write a rough outline of what I need to say and improvise.

DinosaurAli94

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
At first i started out writing word for word.
After a few videos I figured out I can break my idea into several segments which made it easier to script. (Since I do guides for Dota 2 Heroes, I use segments like INTRO, HERO INTRO, POWERS/SPELLS, ITEM CHOICES, CLOSING THOUGHTS, etc.)
Now I do something more like a sketch (still in segments), I don't write word to word, I kinda write a rough outline of what I need to say and improvise.

Have you tried making story boards? I find it really helps me, because I can visualise what clip is going to go where, and then I put some dotpoints in for the scripted bits that go with each clip :)

Reactions: GamePointz

GamePointz

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Have you tried making story boards? I find it really helps me, because I can visualise what clip is going to go where, and then I put some dotpoints in for the scripted bits that go with each clip :)
Not really. I have a day job, therefore time at hand is minimal. Which is why i stick to minimal scripts now.