Help with studio setup

Bigpapp1

Reaction score
Hi everyone, total noob here. I’m trying to improve my studio lighting and setup. I’m filming in my basement which is just kind of the only space I have to work with, so I’m trying to make the most of it. I’m attaching three photos. One is a still of how I’m doing it now: very bright and very colorful. Frankly, I feel like it’s too much. I like my lights in the back but they’re so blown out that I feel like it’s stupid looking. I tried a different setup today with some different lighting, I’m not sure what I think. If anyone can provide some feedback, insight, or tips on how to improve, I’d greatly appreciate it. I’d like to have the background be further back, but I only have so much room to work and I want people to see me gesture with my hands while taking. Ideally I’d be sitting at a desk, I think. Trouble is, this is actually my home office and I have two monitors that are always on my desk and would Eva pain to constantly move around. Plus, it would actually put me Even closer to a more ugly wall. I’m hoping someone can provide some feedback.

Attachments