Help with animation editing

Wisdomseyes1

Hey all! So I figured this was the best place to ask for help on this.

I am currently planning on making videos for a boardgame, which has limitations that make it a bit daunting for many content creators. It really wants a top down perspective to shoot, bit vital information can only really be gauged along the sides of the peices, since health and upgrades are tracked under the pieces.

a common complaint for my first draft from people who saw my first attempt of the video was that it was hard to see the units as well, because the art was to sml

my idea to remedy this was to film top down and then use side panels to show the units and their adjusted stats.
I also had to keep track of in game resources, so I made custom trackers for each player as well.

when it is all said and done, im left with 40+ layers, and i havent added animations yet (which I am making my own using keyframes)

my issue im having is that i have a bunch of different PNGs and I cannot put them on the same layer to adjust multiple PNGs at the same time, and all of the individual tracking things need to be able to be adjusted throughout the game. I don’t know if i am overcomplectating it for myself and there is an easier way.
Roght now my idea is to render the video in steps and apply the new layers to the created video, but my concern is of i need to change something farther back i wont be able to fix it.

any advice from you wizards who make it look like walking?

Okay so! Ive been working on it.

for the boarders of my video I used the export frame and then converted that into a PNG that could fit where i wanted. Cut down on a lot of layers.

i did a similar thing with the unit tracking i was doing, using a crop filter to only show the ones i wanted while having them all on screen in 1 layer by overlaying a bunch of images in a photo editor.

The units im still having a hard time with. Each one is going to take a layer, and i can be doing upwards of 12 at a time

right now i am rendering videos in layers and then re-editing those new videos with the next set of layers. Is that the way you go about videos with tons of layers? All of the tutorials i can find online usually hit about 3 layers before they stop, which makes sense since they arent usually doing things that are overly complex

Back