help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natacha Martins

The First Lady of YTTALK
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Okay so you guys have told me to ignore mean comments, and block trolls, and I've done that. but its the same person and they keep coming back with different channels, just to get a stab at me because they are only commenting on my videos and no one else's, they keep telling me to give up and kill myself that I'm a freak of nature and a fat whale, this has been going on for nearly a month now, and I'm ganna admit that it did get to me at first, but its getting out of hand and they keep coming back, just now they commented again for the 4th time saying something along the lines of "stop deleting my comments and reply you coward!" and of course I didn't and just deleted it but still I'm afraid it could be someone I know trying to hurt or maybe it is just some random troll but its making me really paranoid and kinda scared, the first time this started happening I was afraid that they would come in my room at night and beat me up or something haha silly i know but its kinda scaring me, but I just delete and block every time, do you guys now anything else i could to get rid of them FOREVER!! :S please I need major help! By the way, thank you for all the support guys, your all lovely! xoxo

Michael Carlyle

The Active Member!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Reviewer
Make your comment's approval only ;) (so you have to approve the comments before they are publicly visible), doing so, would make their commenting useless, and They'll see that their comments are not coming up and eventually give up!

Reactions: Vicboss

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Dont give the person any contact at all, have all videos on approval only like Michael said above and block each account, they have to stop at some point, no one can keep doing that for very long if they have nothing to use against you like you typing back to them.

Reactions: Vicboss

urbanlamb

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
there is an option to set your channel to only allow comments after you approve them. you have a devoted hater so shut down open comments and put them on moderation when he sees he can't do that he will go away. Leave it moderated for a good while like 6 months then remove the moderation and see if he is truly gone. Also if you feel your being harassed you can report him to youtube as well but it has to be really bad like death threats first just "you suck" is not something they are going to pay attention to haha.

Natacha Martins

The First Lady of YTTALK
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
OMG thank you guys I didn't know you could that, I am so going to do that now, thank you!! :D
--- merged: Apr 12, 2012 9:14 PM ---
but how do I do that :S I can't find the option in settings?

Reactions: urbanlamb

Michael Carlyle

The Active Member!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Reviewer
OMG thank you guys I didn't know you could that, I am so going to do that now, thank you!! :D
No Problem! I'm glad I could help!

Also, Continue to block them when they post, because they'll run of accounts soon enough!
--- merged: Apr 12, 2012 9:16 PM ---
Go to 'My Videos', then click edit (on the video), then Scroll down until you see comments, then change it to 'Allow all comments, with approval only"

Look: http://gyazo.com/2dfade8d3b2d92e4b234b3808f5d13d0

Natacha Martins

The First Lady of YTTALK
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
No Problem! I'm glad I could help!

Also, Continue to block them when they post, because they'll run of accounts soon enough!
--- merged: Apr 12, 2012 9:16 PM ---

Go to 'My Videos', then click edit (on the video), then Scroll down until you see comments, then change it to 'Allow all comments, with approval only"

Look: http://gyazo.com/2dfade8d3b2d92e4b234b3808f5d13d0
thank you! :)
question, once i've done this does it make all my videos approval only or do I have to go and edit them all manually? :)

urbanlamb

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
--- merged: Apr 12, 2012 9:14 PM ---
err they keep rearranging the buttons but there are two things

1) is channel comments just edit the channel settings
2) is comments on each video go through your videos one by one and change the comments section on the videos using the video manager to moderation or if you want you can turn comments off completely :)

Reactions: Natacha Martins
Status
Not open for further replies.