Help on my channel

aarondafish

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Ive been wanting to "renovate/remodel" my channel for a bit now but i dont know what to do. Could you guys tell me if im too cringe-worthy, or if i need to "tone it down"? Or to not change a thing? I would really appreciate it! Thanks in advance! :D

MintApocalypse

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Aesthetically it looks pretty good, your bottom most text on your channel art is a little blurry, but fairly readable. I really like your profile picture it's really clean and a cool logo. Maybe you could move your popular uploads above your uploads list? It's up to you though. The only cringe-worthy thing I saw on your main page is the playlist titled "all meh videos" personally I wouldn't use "meh", but it's up to you and how you want your channel to be perceived. You've got a solid outro btw.

Reactions: aarondafish

aarondafish

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Aesthetically it looks pretty good, your bottom most text on your channel art is a little blurry, but fairly readable. I really like your profile picture it's really clean and a cool logo. Maybe you could move your popular uploads above your uploads list? It's up to you though. The only cringe-worthy thing I saw on your main page is the playlist titled "all meh videos" personally I wouldn't use "meh", but it's up to you and how you want your channel to be perceived. You've got a solid outro btw.
Thank you for the feed back! Im going to change that 'meh' part! Thank you again! :D

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Here, I'll let you know what I thought when I visited your channel:

I like the clean and simple banner. Logo is pretty clean as well but the subscript text is difficult to read. I clicked the latest video (usually my go-to first impression video since latest video usually is highest quality video).

First thing I noticed was how young you were. Always good to see youngsters aspiring to do big things. I can appreciate that very much so, however, most young Youtubers fall into the trap of doing things that others have done before. Unfortunately, this is also the case with the video I saw of yours (Things not to do in a pool): Zingy intro, Loud over-the-top talking, excessive cuts, typical topic approach (things not to do, top 10s, things TO do, etc), random zooms, basic joke patterns, and generic EDM song outro. Again, it's nothing I've never seen before and, at this point, when first impressions are so important in YouTube these days, it made me feel like clicking away.

Now don't get me wrong, I actually think you have a fun personality and have the chops to churn out high quality videos since it does look like you have your equipment and editing down, however, it would be nice if there was a way for you to differentiate yourself from the rest of the crowd. By all means, keep talking about topics you want to talk about, just change it up a bit. Use a different approach or try different ways to throw in punchlines. Fortunately, you're very young and this gives you the upper hand to experiment different things and different approaches. And yes, preferably tone it down a bit. As much as I would like to believe that you are like this in real life, it does feel and look forced quite heavily. Bring out more of your own, true personality and make it feel more genuine.

All this being said, I wish you nothing the best and hope you take my words not as a way to insult you whatsoever, but as a potential subscriber that might have turned away based on your current content. Good luck!

aarondafish

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Here, I'll let you know what I thought when I visited your channel:

I like the clean and simple banner. Logo is pretty clean as well but the subscript text is difficult to read. I clicked the latest video (usually my go-to first impression video since latest video usually is highest quality video).

First thing I noticed was how young you were. Always good to see youngsters aspiring to do big things. I can appreciate that very much so, however, most young Youtubers fall into the trap of doing things that others have done before. Unfortunately, this is also the case with the video I saw of yours (Things not to do in a pool): Zingy intro, Loud over-the-top talking, excessive cuts, typical topic approach (things not to do, top 10s, things TO do, etc), random zooms, basic joke patterns, and generic EDM song outro. Again, it's nothing I've never seen before and, at this point, when first impressions are so important in YouTube these days, it made me feel like clicking away.

Now don't get me wrong, I actually think you have a fun personality and have the chops to churn out high quality videos since it does look like you have your equipment and editing down, however, it would be nice if there was a way for you to differentiate yourself from the rest of the crowd. By all means, keep talking about topics you want to talk about, just change it up a bit. Use a different approach or try different ways to throw in punchlines. Fortunately, you're very young and this gives you the upper hand to experiment different things and different approaches. And yes, preferably tone it down a bit. As much as I would like to believe that you are like this in real life, it does feel and look forced quite heavily. Bring out more of your own, true personality and make it feel more genuine.

All this being said, I wish you nothing the best and hope you take my words not as a way to insult you whatsoever, but as a potential subscriber that might have turned away based on your current content. Good luck!
Thank you! Im going to turn down the tone btw. The only thing is im afraid it'll be too boring at that point :/[DOUBLEPOST=1465371392,1465371374][/DOUBLEPOST]
I like the corn dog video :biggrin:
Thank you :p

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Thank you! Im going to turn down the tone btw. The only thing is im afraid it'll be too boring at that point
Best of luck bud! You have a lot of time to hone your quality and make it something great. Don't stop, 'cause honestly you already have some good editing and delivery chops.

Reactions: aarondafish