Help name my followers.

I think the idea is good on paper, but it doesn't really work until you have a semi-cult following. Calling people who watch your videos names, based on their dedicated, implies that they are truly interested in you and everything you do. (Ze Frank(SpeedRacers),Hank & John Green( Nerdfighters)) YouTubers like this just naturally end up with names for followers, they often don't choose, the people do.

I also find it cheesy and tacky especially if the channel isn't large.

So with that said, in all due respect, I think it's probably not a good idea to do at this point.

I think the idea is good on paper, but it doesn't really work until you have a semi-cult following. Calling people who watch your videos names, based on their dedicated, implies that they are truly interested in you and everything you do. (Ze Frank(SpeedRacers),Hank & John Green( Nerdfighters)) YouTubers like this just naturally end up with names for followers, they often don't choose, the people do.

I also find it cheesy and tacky especially if the channel isn't large.

So with that said, in all due respect, I think it's probably not a good idea to do at this point.

Agreed. Thanks for the time you took in answering, I appreciate it.

Even though I only have 110 or so subscribers, I think it'd be interesting to see what the YTTalk community can come up with.

Tiny Tigers? Tyggy Troops? I don't know.

Let your imagination flow.

You don't really have to post, I just felt bored and thought it'd be funny.
I honestly wouldn't do it. When you name your subs and your following is small and they aren't die hard, it rubs ALOT of people the wrong way. I used to do that I called mine "rockstars" and look back and feel like it was so presumptuous of me. When your fandom is big enough, they'll start calling themselves something. I'd personally not take away that chance for them.

With all due respect, I don't like being given a name just because I watch or subscribe to a channel. I want to be treated as a fellow YouTuber, not a puppet.

Many people call me Mr. Grooves. It is their friendly term towards me. In turn, I may have a silly/friendly name for them individually when I reply. But I would not lump all of my subs into one group and call them a specific name.

Back