Have you ever lost interest in what your channel is about?

No, but that's only because I didn't make my channel specific to one thing. I don't want to be limited to the videos I make. If I want to rant and post then I should be able to cause it's my channel. I think the problem is people worry to much about branding themselves and not trying to have fun with the videos they make and actually enjoy the process of making their videos which is a little sad.
 
No, but that's only because I didn't make my channel specific to one thing. I don't want to be limited to the videos I make. If I want to rant and post then I should be able to cause it's my channel. I think the problem is people worry to much about branding themselves and not trying to have fun with the videos they make and actually enjoy the process of making their videos which is a little sad.
Well, for some people branding is fun!
I love being able to make a good video, and although I'd love to upload random videos about space or coding every now and then, I know that's not what my subscribers want. I'd also love to make ASMR videos, but I upload those type of videos on a different channel.
 
My channel was very Call of Duty focused at one point, but after seriously losing interest in the franchise, I've completely shifted my video to a nearly totally new topic.
 
My old channel is dead, pretty much lol. It was focused pretty much exclusively on Minecraft and I haven't played that in a long time now. A tip for let's players, NEVER base your channel around one single game!

Anyway, I can't see myself ever getting tired of making music. And that's what my new (and main) channel is all about. Music!!!
 
I love my channel, but I don't play World of Warcraft (haven't for ages) anymore, and that's what my channel is built on. So, now I upload compilation videos of clips found online, which is fun and YouTube has backed me up against copyright claims (so, I don't feel like I'm stealing).

I am also working on moving my channel to more generalized gaming topics. I'm slowly converting my channel from a popular WoW channel to a popular Top # ____ compilation type of channel. I like it a lot more :)

Have you ever lost interest in your channel, or decided to change direction a bit?

OK, here comes the obligatory rant on the first part of your post: You're still stealing when you steal content that is not your own. YouTube only backs you up because you counter claim wanting a law suit, and the YouTube channel which you stole from doesn't want to bother. So keep telling yourself that lie. A crook stealing stuff and getting away with it is still a crook.

Now, onto the topic at hand; I started out as a CarVlog channel, all of those videos are now no longer there. They started to bore me, and I really did not have the audience watching them. I still make them every once and a while for channel updates, but other than that it's all gone. I now focus on the stuff I enjoy and get a little better viewership on. Car Review when I can do them and Cars and Coffee like videos.
 
OK, here comes the obligatory rant on the first part of your post: You're still stealing when you steal content that is not your own. YouTube only backs you up because you counter claim wanting a law suit, and the YouTube channel which you stole from doesn't want to bother. So keep telling yourself that lie. A crook stealing stuff and getting away with it is still a crook.

Now, onto the topic at hand; I started out as a CarVlog channel, all of those videos are now no longer there. They started to bore me, and I really did not have the audience watching them. I still make them every once and a while for channel updates, but other than that it's all gone. I now focus on the stuff I enjoy and get a little better viewership on. Car Review when I can do them and Cars and Coffee like videos.
I'm not sure who you are, but you're wrong.
1) I have never threatened a lawsuit.
2) YouTube backs me up because COPYRIGHT LAW backs me up, and if you go and read their policies you'll notice that they would not take my side if they felt that copyright laws did not support me. If I downloaded a video and uploaded it as is, it would not qualify for a Fair Use defense and YouTube would deny my counterclaim. A YouTuber can file a lawsuit whenever they want - When YouTube approves a Fair Use claim, they're essentially saying to the other YouTuber, "GeekyNet's claim of Fair Use is valid and we see no reason to remove his video or give you ad revenue." The other YouTuber can file a lawsuit, and my claims would hold up in court.
3) There's no need to be rude or jealous mate.
4) I'm not a crook.

Thanks for your insulting rant though, if you need help growing your channel I'm happy to help. I would appreciate it if you actually looked up Fair Use because I can justify all of the videos you deem questionable with US Law. If you need more help with understanding it, I'll help you. I have years of experience helping people with Fair Use, I've done extensive research into copyright, trademark, and patent laws, and I even have been a paid copyright law consultant and patent writer in the past... I know what I'm doing, and although I'm offering my help to you, I really don't appreciate your level of disrespect.
 
Last edited:
I'm not sure who you are, but you're wrong.
1) I have never threatened a lawsuit.
2) YouTube backs me up because COPYRIGHT LAW backs me up, and if you go and read their policies you'll notice that they would not take my side if they felt that copyright laws did not support me. If I downloaded a video and uploaded it as is, it would not qualify for a Fair Use defense and YouTube would deny my counterclaim. A YouTuber can file a lawsuit whenever they want - When YouTube approves a Fair Use claim, they're essentially saying to the other YouTuber, "GeekyNet's claim of Fair Use is valid and we see no reason to remove his video or give you ad revenue." The other YouTuber can file a lawsuit, and my claims would hold up in court.
3) There's no need to be rude or jealous mate.
4) I'm not a crook.

Thanks for your insulting rant though, if you need help growing your channel I'm happy to help. I would appreciate it if you actually looked up Fair Use because I can justify all of the videos you deem questionable with US Law. If you need more help with understanding it, I'll help you. I have years of experience helping people with Fair Use, I've done extensive research into copyright, trademark, and patent laws, and I even have been a paid copyright law consultant and patent writer in the past... I know what I'm doing, and although I'm offering my help to you, I really don't appreciate your level of disrespect.

Whatever you tell yourself to sleep easy at night. Fair Use means you make no money off it. Are your videos monetized? Yes? There you go. You're in violation. I hope you step on the toes of a YouTuber that has a team of lawyers. You'll get buried. Original content, content you created and shot yourself or bust. You are what is wrong with YouTube.
 
Whatever you tell yourself to sleep easy at night. Fair Use means you make no money off it. Are your videos monetized? Yes? There you go. You're in violation. I hope you step on the toes of a YouTuber that has a team of lawyers. You'll get buried. Original content, content you created and shot yourself or bust. You are what is wrong with YouTube.
You do realize that you're allowed to make money off a video that uses Fair Use right...? It literally says on the official copyright website (Copyright.gov) that you're allowed to, but it's simply more difficult to claim Fair Use - Monetizing it doesn't disqualify the video at all. Again, if you need help understanding Fair Use I'm happy to help...
 
Back
Top