Has YT fixed the subscribers list?

Sabrina

I'm going outside now.
I noticed it when a bunch of names disappeared from the subscribers list (youtube.com/subscribers) but the sub count stayed the same. Apparently the page is now doing what it says at the top: "Only subscribers who share their subscriptions publicly are shown."

That used to be the case except for the last 3 years when you could see all of your subs, despite the note being there. So I guess the bug was not the note but the showing of all subscribers. :O_o2:

Well, it was nice while it lasted. I liked seeing all of them because I could see if there were familiar names or if the subs had channels of their own. That was one pleasant bug! :oops:

I definitely noticed that some of the bigger subscribers are no longer showing on my subscriber list. I had someone that had 1m subscribers subscribed to my channel but disappeared about two weeks ago. I only assumed that the channel unsubscribed. Hearing this gives me some relief. I respect the decision to hide these users though since I think privacy is very important, in all aspects. It actually makes me curious as to how many other big youtubers might be following me!

My list has been acting weird for over a week. I've been gaining sub but none have showed up on the list in almost 2 weeks, plus the number keeps fluctuating going down then back up, which can be annoying.

I only assumed that the channel unsubscribed. Hearing this gives me some relief.
All the big guys disappeared from my list as well, so I really don't think they unsubscribed, they're just not shown anymore.

I respect the decision to hide these users though since I think privacy is very important, in all aspects.
They did the right thing because the privacy option exists, however personally I wish YouTube would act like other social media sites and make followers public to everyone. I think it would be better in terms of community.

I've been gaining sub but none have showed up on the list in almost 2 weeks
They may all have their subscriptions set to private, so they're no longer showing up in the list.

They may all have their subscriptions set to private, so they're no longer showing up in the list.
I thought that might be it but its been at least 10 subs in a row without one showing up, after months of almost all of them showing up. Just strange, maybe it is a coincidence.

Back