I’m curious if other creators have seen a similar change in Suggested Videos traffic recently.
I manage a children’s channel that has always been marked Made for Kids. In July, we saw a major drop in recommendation traffic.
May → June → July
Total views:
945K → 871K → 395K
Suggested Videos views:
492K → 401K → 60K
Suggested impressions:
3.68M → 3.17M → 634K
Suggested CTR:
6.7% → 6.5% → 4.5%
Interestingly, Suggested average view duration increased from 6:39 in June to 8:32 in July.
YouTube Analytics also says:
“People watched your videos from YouTube recommendations less often than usual, leading to fewer views.”
Has anyone else experienced a similar large drop in Suggested impressions/views recently?
For those with children's/Made for Kids channels, have you noticed anything similar?
I’m trying to determine whether this looks like normal recommendation fluctuation or a broader change in how YouTube is distributing content.
I manage a children’s channel that has always been marked Made for Kids. In July, we saw a major drop in recommendation traffic.
May → June → July
Total views:
945K → 871K → 395K
Suggested Videos views:
492K → 401K → 60K
Suggested impressions:
3.68M → 3.17M → 634K
Suggested CTR:
6.7% → 6.5% → 4.5%
Interestingly, Suggested average view duration increased from 6:39 in June to 8:32 in July.
YouTube Analytics also says:
“People watched your videos from YouTube recommendations less often than usual, leading to fewer views.”
Has anyone else experienced a similar large drop in Suggested impressions/views recently?
For those with children's/Made for Kids channels, have you noticed anything similar?
I’m trying to determine whether this looks like normal recommendation fluctuation or a broader change in how YouTube is distributing content.