Hardware to edit 4k?

NiggaUly

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I want to edit 4k videos but my current computer gargles balls, so what would YOU recommend getting?

desk top or Laptop wise is what im meaning, I'm still pretty new at what to get soooo thanks for the inpute!:)

Hendrik Kapp

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Definitely a desktop, I have the following specs and I still struggle with 4k videos :confused:
  • AMD Radeon R9 280x
  • 16gb DDR3 ram
  • Intel Core I5
  • 500gb ssd
Its possible for me to edit in 4k but the struggle is real, lol.

Reactions: NiggaUly

NiggaUly

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Definitely a desktop, I have the following specs and I still struggle with 4k videos :confused:
  • AMD Radeon R9 280x
  • 16gb DDR3 ram
  • Intel Core I5
  • 500gb ssd
Its possible for me to edit in 4k but the struggle is real, lol.
Haha dayum any you recommend?

Sin B

2017 blows
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Well you can compare to what some of the biggest tubers have and go from there. I know jacksepticeye has an i7 processor, 32 gigs of ram, the GTX titan and a bunch more for his setup.

Doing 4k if you're just an entry level tuber seems like a bad investment tbh, 4k isn't that accessible to be something that can be handled for a cheaper price. Not only do you need to edit 4k but you need to record the 4k too...

Hendrik Kapp

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
In my opinion, I am going to say its better to resize your 4k videos to 1080p that way you can still edit smoothly and your video quality is great!

I am going to say go for the specs Jacksepticeye has if you want to edit 4k videos smoothly.[DOUBLEPOST=1478703873,1478703856][/DOUBLEPOST]
In my opinion, I am going to say its better to resize your 4k videos to 1080p that way you can still edit smoothly and your video quality is great!

I am going to say go for the specs Jacksepticeye has if you want to edit 4k videos smoothly.

NiggaUly

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Well you can compare to what some of the biggest tubers have and go from there. I know jacksepticeye has an i7 processor, 32 gigs of ram, the GTX titan and a bunch more for his setup.

Doing 4k if you're just an entry level tuber seems like a bad investment tbh, 4k isn't that accessible to be something that can be handled for a cheaper price. Not only do you need to edit 4k but you need to record the 4k too...
That's kinda where I'm at still entry-level imo but I'm more wanting just to buy something once and use it for a long time, rather than keep upgrading up to that.

But I'll def look onto what you said! seeing what other ppl got for a set up! thanks for the idea man :)[DOUBLEPOST=1478746371,1478746297][/DOUBLEPOST]Sw

I am going to say go for the specs Jacksepticeye has if you want to edit 4k videos smoothly.[DOUBLEPOST=1478703873,1478703856][/DOUBLEPOST]

I am going to say go for the specs Jacksepticeye has if you want to edit 4k videos smoothly.
Sweeeet thanks for the input man :)