Hard to collab

Life Things

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Finding someone to collab with is very hard.
People rarely come to the collaboration section and reply.

CarlosDominguez

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've been curious with that too, I've had some people wanna collab with me before but sometimes are schedules are somewhat conflicted, however I've seen some who will only collab for certain sub count which kinda puts a damper on things.

MyLumoLife

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
...I've seen some who will only collab for certain sub count which kinda puts a damper on things.
It's understandable though. Big channels don't want to carry or promote small channels, because that only benefits the smaller channel. For a collab to happen, both channels have to benefit.

Stephanharz

Reaction score
It's understandable though. Big channels don't want to carry or promote small channels, because that only benefits the smaller channel. For a collab to happen, both channels have to benefit.
Pretty much what they said. Callab is something I would only do with channels around the same sub count. I would't even callab with a larger channel that is much larger than mine for the reason that I wouldn't want that channel to think they "carried" or "made" my channel. I have had one channel reach out to me but nothing ever happened from it and I reached out to one channel and the same thing. Don't get worked up if someone doesn't want to make a video. Do you own thing and have fun

Jack Decker

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Look for local YouTubers. It is hard to search for them (usually) but once you find one, they tend to know other local YouTubers. Them being local means it is no biggie for them to do a collab with you. Even MASSIVE channels will collab with a just-starting-out local YouTuber. As for finding them, go to your local camera shop and talk to them. Possibly put up a small poster on their bulletin board seeking collabs. You might even be able to interest the camera shop in starting a weekly support group for YouTubers. The shop will view it as a way of selling equipment. Collab with everyone there. It doesn't matter what your channels are about. Appear on theirs doing their thing and they doing likewise on yours. For example, if they're a beauty channel, let her slap make-up on you while you talk about your channel. She then does the same on your channel. If yours is a gaming channel, she games with you while you to talk about her channel.