Green $ missing - Videos getting non-monetized

Factception

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hi there,

My channel is extremely new, and I have around 4 videos up. I noticed that after every 3-4 days of uploading a video, the monetization got disabled with the green icon missing. There is no other icon instead of it. My account has been in Good Standing since the beginning and I have no copyright issues. The music I use is from Youtube Library (the free to monetize ones).

I had a video on '5 Richest Terrorist Organisations' and its purely educational. This was the first video where monetization was removed. I thought that it might have not been 'ad friendly'. But then the same later happened on a '5 Richest Pets' which is just a funny educational video and today the same happened on my channel trailer!

Has anyone experienced this issue before? Is this a glitch that gets fixed with time? Someone said that Youtube freezes monetization for sometime and then resumes it after couple of weeks.

Any help would be highly appreciated. I really don't understand why this is happening.

Last edited:

Tarmack

Rhetorical Porcupine
Reaction score
No other icon? That's a new one. If you don't have the $, then usually you'll have a ! icon listing that the monetization is disabled.

What happens if you go into the "edit" settings and monetization tab of the video?

Factception

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Thanks for your reply.

I tried that. It reports failure and says 'cannot monetize or set usage policy'.

There's no email or notification from YouTube. Account remains in good standing and videos keep getting non-monetized one by one.

I've left a feedback but I don't have hopes for a reply anytime soon.

nowuknow

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for your reply.

I tried that. It reports failure and says 'cannot monetize or set usage policy'.

There's no email or notification from YouTube. Account remains in good standing and videos keep getting non-monetized one by one.

I've left a feedback but I don't have hopes for a reply anytime soon.
I am having the exact same problem with a number of my videos as well. There is no green $ and I also get the same error message as you when I try to monetize those videos again. Here's to hoping that YouTube fixes it quickly. I'm glad that I'm not the only one experiencing this.

Factception

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one either.

For how long have you had this problem now?

nowuknow

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one either.

For how long have you had this problem now?
I just saw the problem today. It may have been there longer than that, but I only just discovered it. I wonder if it has anything to do with them rolling out YouTube Red?

Factception

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I just saw the problem today. It may have been there longer than that, but I only just discovered it. I wonder if it has anything to do with them rolling out YouTube Red?
Ah right! One of my friends who's been around for a while, was suggesting that it happened to him as well and Youtube sometimes does that and eventually goes back to fixing it after some weeks. But that's only one source. Rest over the internet, I couldn't get much help!

nowuknow

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ah right! One of my friends who's been around for a while, was suggesting that it happened to him as well and Youtube sometimes does that and eventually goes back to fixing it after some weeks. But that's only one source. Rest over the internet, I couldn't get much help!
Interesting. Hopefully it's just a widespread bug that YouTube will fix really quickly. Thankfully, the top performing video on my channel is still monetized, but I would really like to get those other ones monetized as well. By the way, great job with you channel so far! I don't think it will be very long before you have thousands of people subscribing and watching. Keep up the good work!

Factception

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Interesting. Hopefully it's just a widespread bug that YouTube will fix really quickly. Thankfully, the top performing video on my channel is still monetized, but I would really like to get those other ones monetized as well. By the way, great job with you channel so far! I don't think it will be very long before you have thousands of people subscribing and watching. Keep up the good work!
I just realised this morning that 2 out of my 3 videos have been monetized again. :D
Hopefully all will be okay soon with this bug and your issues sorts out as well.

Thank you so much! I'm a one man team working on the channel and just a single subscribe or even a compliment means a lot.

Stay tuned for more! :)

Loving your videos as well. Looking forward to more of your stuff!

nowuknow

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I just realised this morning that 2 out of my 3 videos have been monetized again. :D
Hopefully all will be okay soon with this bug and your issues sorts out as well.

Thank you so much! I'm a one man team working on the channel and just a single subscribe or even a compliment means a lot.

Stay tuned for more! :)

Loving your videos as well. Looking forward to more of your stuff!
Glad to hear that the issue seems to be getting fixed! I'm still waiting for mine to get fixed, but that's a good sign that 2 of your videos have been monetized again.

You're doing a great job! I like your accent. Where are you from?

I have subscribed to your channel, and I look forward to watching your views and subscribers grow! And thank you for the compliment about my channel. It's been a while since I've posted a video. Hopefully I can get around to posting another one soon. :cool: