Getting people to sub and like, a small experiment

Fun withSammy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for sharing! like you stated, it is a small sample but stats are stats. Likes went up 2x but dislikes 5x!
Subs went up 5x as well. I would use the call to action over-use sparingly as I wouldn't want to annoy or lose subscribers.
what is this call to action??

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
what is this call to action??
A call to action (CTA) is a phrase that calls out your viewers to do something. 'Please subscribe', 'Click the like button' 'Watch another video over here' are all CTA's. Within the YT community there are people who really hate YT related CTA's (sub and like requests) at the beginning of videos and will instantly dislike (as you can see in this experiment). However, the human psyche does work in a way that CTA's 'remind' people to do these things, so doing them at least somewhere in your videos is preferable.

Reactions: markkaz

Fun withSammy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
A call to action (CTA) is a phrase that calls out your viewers to do something. 'Please subscribe', 'Click the like button' 'Watch another video over here' are all CTA's. Within the YT community there are people who really hate YT related CTA's (sub and like requests) at the beginning of videos and will instantly dislike (as you can see in this experiment). However, the human psyche does work in a way that CTA's 'remind' people to do these things, so doing them at least somewhere in your videos is preferable.
Thank you so much!!

ttxela

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That's pretty interesting, so asking twice seems to polarize your audience somewhat increasing subs and dislikes (I'm assuming those who sub aren't the same people disliking......) personally I only ask people to subscribe once in my standard outtro that goes on all videos. An interesting experiment would be to somehow work out the retention rate of those subs - do you think they'll stick around?

Ater

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
That's pretty interesting, so asking twice seems to polarize your audience somewhat increasing subs and dislikes (I'm assuming those who sub aren't the same people disliking......) personally I only ask people to subscribe once in my standard outtro that goes on all videos. An interesting experiment would be to somehow work out the retention rate of those subs - do you think they'll stick around?
I think it's really hard to keep track of if they stick around. I think it would be even more interesting to check something in between, I checked no CTA, CTA at the end, CTA during the video and at the end. But I didnt check CTA during the video but not at the end. Would be interesting to see how that performs compared to the others.

Reactions: ttxela
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I really appreciate that study, it was extremely helpful and I hope to start implementing some of these new tips into ur videos!