Get Subs By Arguing

KaneVast

Reaction score
Hi

I have someone i dislike on youtube, no reason in particular, we just don't get along.

He has 20k subs, I am wondering if i started an argument with him, would there be any benefit for my channel?

I don't particularly like negatively, nor do i wanna argue with someone, but I am curious if it's a viable strategy anyones used before to gain Subs?

thanks

Kane

jschlatt

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm sure people have done it, but I don't think it's an effective way to build a loyal fan base. It may be good for one-time views, but not returning subscribers.

Reactions: TastyGamers

Aegislasher

Leader of the GoudaEmpire
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
don't do it man your channel would be filled with haters

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I've seen this happen with a couple of YouTube folks I followed, and it worked out really badly for them. A whole lot of people (people who hated the more popular YouTube star and those who loved them) showed up, had huge arguments in the comments, and though the "hateful" video got close to a million views, the rest of the videos on this person's channel didn't get much traction, and now they aren't posting anymore. Very risky proposition.

BATG

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
nope nope nope. You will get increased views, sure, but you will also get a negative reputation.

Dan18

I've Got It
Reaction score
Its possible, but i dont think arguing would be the way to go

Reactions: TastyGamers

SlickBlasian

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi

I have someone i dislike on youtube, no reason in particular, we just don't get along.

He has 20k subs, I am wondering if i started an argument with him, would there be any benefit for my channel?

I don't particularly like negatively, nor do i wanna argue with someone, but I am curious if it's a viable strategy anyones used before to gain Subs?

thanks

Kane
You probably get the point. But really don't do that. It's bad enough that you two don't get along but if you're PUBLICALLY vocal about that, it will make you BOTH look bad. But you might look worse if you're smaller because people will suspect what you just said here.

mrtjrages

Reaction score
Well do you plan on consistently arguing with him lol? What happens if he simply blocks you? XD

All that time and energy could go towards something else in my opinion. *Shrugs* But YouTube is definitely a grind. So I guess do whatever you can to get noticed? I'm neutral over here... I'm not backing you, nor putting your choices down :]