Gaming Channel - Chances of success?

Interesting, I thought I was a cool guy playing N64 games but I guess there's a LOT of people out there doing that right now ._.

I'm not sure if your serious or not :p But if you are I believe anything to do with Nintendo they take all money from advertisements on it or something.
 
I'm not sure if your serious or not :p But if you are I believe anything to do with Nintendo they take all money from advertisements on it or something.


Yeah, you have to be careful with Nintendo unless you're with a network. You can ask your manager about Nintendo's policy. I wouldn't upload any Nintendo games if I'm not with a network...
 
Yeah, you have to be careful with Nintendo unless you're with a network. You can ask your manager about Nintendo's policy. I wouldn't upload any Nintendo games if I'm not with a network...

That's actually a good idea. XD I just decided to stay away from it. But I'll ask the network I'm with.
 
That's actually a good idea. XD I just decided to stay away from it. But I'll ask the network I'm with.
Aw whatttt you're with a network?
I just play them for fun. I don't have them monetized. It reminds me of when I was a kid.
I know my indie games are fine with being monetized, but I didn't know certain people were not okay with Nintendo >.<[DOUBLEPOST=1374608600,1374608095][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm not sure if your serious or not :p But if you are I believe anything to do with Nintendo they take all money from advertisements on it or something.
Oh yeah, when I first got my N64 back I was excited and thought I was doing something unique :P
When I looked on YouTube, there are so many playing old games :C
 
Aw whatttt you're with a network?
I just play them for fun. I don't have them monetized. It reminds me of when I was a kid.
I know my indie games are fine with being monetized, but I didn't know certain people were not okay with Nintendo >.<
It's not they arn't okay with it. Nintendo changed the rights to monetize there games a while ago. Even the systems or anything to do with them.
 
It's not they arn't okay with it. Nintendo changed the rights to monetize there games a while ago. Even the systems or anything to do with them.
Oh I see... So, say I joined a network and they had worked something out with Nintendo, they would then allow me to monetize?
I've watched a few videos on it and it seems like once you become popular enough, you can join a network of people who have lawyers and have gotten permission to monetize otherwise unmonetizable videos o.o
Complicated world YouTube is!
 
Background:
Since I was little, I loved games.
I used to play the old flippy top nintendo system.
Well... I think I played it
(My parents might have given me a not plugged in controller while they played, not sure >.> )

Well anywho...


I can give you my time frame if that helps give you some perspective? I don't know how similar our videos are (at work and can't watch yours just yet) but we're both female let's players which is close enough. haha.

I started the gaming aspect of my channel in the beginning of Feb this year (so almost 6 months ago now). When I started, I had subs left over from my videos that I posted from 4 years ago so I was lucky enough to start with a 260 figure. Although the majority of the subs were most likely inactive, it at least gave me an edge when people looked at my channel not thinking I was just another new gaming network. (tricky I know)

Over the past 6 months that I've been making gaming videos consistently, I've gained 524 subs, lost 98 subs, and now sit at 712 total current subs. (thanks YouTube analytics!) I also average 6+ new daily subs and 160+ daily views. I've only made 30 videos in the past 6 months and I feel like if I would have had the time to upload even more, I'd have more subs to show for it.

With every new 100 subs I get, I feel like I gain more faster and faster. Socialblade says I should hit 1,000 in a little over a month which is pretty cool. I'd say if you're doing well with your channel and build it up slowly, you should guess to earn at least 1,000 subs within 1 year. I'm going to hit it within 8 months of starting my gaming channel but that's because I also started with more then most people.

It takes time and patience most of all! Plus you definitely have to love what you're doing cause it's a lot of work!
 
What do you expect if 50.000 people are starting a gaming channel each day. (It's just a random number) If you had much luck so far in your life you might have it now with your channel. Wish you the best of luck anyway. :)
 
Oh I see... So, say I joined a network and they had worked something out with Nintendo, they would then allow me to monetize?
I've watched a few videos on it and it seems like once you become popular enough, you can join a network of people who have lawyers and have gotten permission to monetize otherwise unmonetizable videos o.o
Complicated world YouTube is!

Sorta. It really depends some Nintendo games you can without a network. some networks have a list that you are aloud to.
I would love to do a colab with you maybe non Nintendo related? Maybe SimCity 5 Thats one game we have in common. :)
 
Back
Top