Funny Video Forums?

eNewWave

Reaction score
Successful videos won´t generally be promoted by the people who made them. They will be promoted by the people who watch them. A video with potential will only need a few people watching them in order to take off.
See, I don't know if I particularly agree with that kind of thinking. Because with that kind of thinking, it just comes down to a matter of luck that someone will watch it and that someone will be the kind of person to share it with his friends. And what would one even consider to be "potential?" I might come across as being extremely cynical in saying this, but the vast majority of viewers online are usually looking for a video thats a bit more traditional than the newer video I was talking about in my post. If your definition of potential is in how sharable a video is, then yeah, I suppose my video (Madame Program) has little to know potential. But at the same time, I think potential shouldn't be regulated to how sharable something is because, it seems that more often than not, something being extremely sharable means it isn't anything too ground breaking or wildly creative. It's sort of like how the songs on the top 40 sounds, more or less, identical to each other. They aren't catching on because of the quality, per say, but because of how similar it is. And that's kinda discouraging to think, isn't it? Wouldn't it be more interesting if YouTube was about creative potential and not jumping onto whatever this years big cinnamon, ghost pepper, hold your breath and drop a toaster in the bathtub challenge is? I mean, it's just my two cents and all, but I think YouTube would be a much more engaging place if the stranger more creative stuff got more exposure. Which brings me to my main point. If creative potential is what's important to a person, and if creative potential means that you have less potential of getting shared (because of the video standing out TOO much and not having any definable audience), wouldn't it be in the hands of the video maker to spread word about his video? Look at movies, or music. You don't see bands or directors just throwing their lives into a project, then shipping it off to record stores or theaters hoping it finds an audience. Sure, with some movies that's exactly what happened. Rocky Horror and Clerks found an audience like that, but those are two movies out of the hundreds that got made in their respective years. YouTube probably gets way more uploads in an hour than anyone can bother to count so just hoping a few people will see it doesn't really put the cards in the uploader's favor. While people sharing a video will undeniably be the way a video gets a wider audience, it's still up to the uploader to make sure it gets A audience to begin with.

Anyway, that's just my two cent's. Sorry for the block of text and all and I didn't mean to come across as rude if I did. ^^ just some friendly debate or whatevs haha

Reactions: VladNomadYouTube

Krow

I've Got It
Reaction score
See, I don't know if I particularly agree with that kind of thinking. Because with that kind of thinking, it just comes down to a matter of luck that someone will watch it and that someone will be the kind of person to share it with his friends. And what would one even consider to be "potential?" I might come across as being extremely cynical in saying this, but the vast majority of viewers online are usually looking for a video thats a bit more traditional than the newer video I was talking about in my post. If your definition of potential is in how sharable a video is, then yeah, I suppose my video (Madame Program) has little to know potential. But at the same time, I think potential shouldn't be regulated to how sharable something is because, it seems that more often than not, something being extremely sharable means it isn't anything too ground breaking or wildly creative. It's sort of like how the songs on the top 40 sounds, more or less, identical to each other. They aren't catching on because of the quality, per say, but because of how similar it is. And that's kinda discouraging to think, isn't it? Wouldn't it be more interesting if YouTube was about creative potential and not jumping onto whatever this years big cinnamon, ghost pepper, hold your breath and drop a toaster in the bathtub challenge is? I mean, it's just my two cents and all, but I think YouTube would be a much more engaging place if the stranger more creative stuff got more exposure. Which brings me to my main point. If creative potential is what's important to a person, and if creative potential means that you have less potential of getting shared (because of the video standing out TOO much and not having any definable audience), wouldn't it be in the hands of the video maker to spread word about his video? Look at movies, or music. You don't see bands or directors just throwing their lives into a project, then shipping it off to record stores or theaters hoping it finds an audience. Sure, with some movies that's exactly what happened. Rocky Horror and Clerks found an audience like that, but those are two movies out of the hundreds that got made in their respective years. YouTube probably gets way more uploads in an hour than anyone can bother to count so just hoping a few people will see it doesn't really put the cards in the uploader's favor. While people sharing a video will undeniably be the way a video gets a wider audience, it's still up to the uploader to make sure it gets A audience to begin with.

Anyway, that's just my two cent's. Sorry for the block of text and all and I didn't mean to come across as rude if I did. ^^ just some friendly debate or whatevs haha

You won´t get big unless people are sharing your videos, unless you are at the top of the search results for some really hot keyword. But you won´t get big just by sharing your own content. You won´t get big by posting on forums and on FB. You will need people to help you out with that. And that´s not just a matter of luck. That´s a matter of creating something people wanna really watch. Something that has impact. There´s no formula to do this. Some people have it in them, some don´t. 99.9% don´t.

I share the stuff i like, and 100% of my friends do the same. Sharing is something very natural. People share what they like with their friends.

If your plan is to post your videos on forums and such...man, forget about it. It can give you some views, but you won´t get big that way.

Look around. Most Youtubers you see here have videos with less than 1 k views. Some have a little more, but not much more. They do share their videos. And they do it on several places. And yet, this low number of views is all they can get. Why? Because people don´t share. You might get 1 k people to watch you, if you spam your links enough times through forums. But you will only get 100 k views if those 1 k enjoy your content enough to share it with friends.

Reactions: VladNomadYouTube
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Musician
Successful videos won´t generally be promoted by the people who made them. They will be promoted by the people who watch them. A video with potential will only need a few people watching them in order to take off.
You right! But it really hard to find these couple peoples.

Reactions: Whendy19

booyuandra

Reaction score

test this video.. and try not to laugh :bounce::bounce:

Reactions: Whendy19

Rey09

Reaction score