Fullscreen abuses copyright system.

well.... that could be considered slander. If someone made fun of you in a way you just couldn't tolerate, I doubt you would care less if it went viral or is considered parody or whatever, you'd want that sucker taken down.
Well unfortunately for him satire and fair use are protected under copyright law. I have a feeling there is going to be a big fallout for Fullscreen because of this.

Well unfortunately for him satire and fair use are protected under copyright law. I have a feeling there is going to be a big fallout for Fullscreen because of this.

Except satire is not protected under copyright law. Parody is. There's a pretty big difference between the two.

Ill hold judgement until I see these videos, since I think most people commenting on this don't actually know how Fullscreen's work was used. Going by h3h3's other videos, it may have been a perfectly good parody. Simply "commenting over" something isnt parody.

If I had ANY video show up in something titled "Stupid-haired rapemaster gets d**k sucked by 17 YO..." I would do wtv I could to get it removed.

Parody IS satire. The definitions are too similar to not be considered so.
that could be considered slander.
It can be considered slander if it is slander. Slander is intentional misrepresentation in a factual nature. Parody and satire, if not represented as truth, cannot be considered slander.

If Fullscreen is removing YouTubers' satirical videos because they don't like how they represent their signed partners, then they are abusing their powers and if it happened to me, I would be running straight into a lawyer's office, regardless of whether or not I remembered to wear pants.

I know what is going on exactly and it seems like some of you don't understand the power of a MCN. Fullscreen can and will take down your video if you do not relinquish monitization to their network. And some of you may ask yourself, "Well they can't just claim any video they want and such?".... Well actually they can. Youtube does not monitor this, and that is why H3H3 in this example is getting destroyed by Fullscreen Illegally. If this youtuber had lawyers they could easily file a lawsuit.

What right does Fullscreen have against a non-FS user providing the video itself is not going on a tirade calling them Jews, S-word, N-word and soforth in terms of action?

Back