From 600 Views an Hour to 300 Views an Hour?

YouTube algorithm tries to create "chains" of videos driving as long view times as possible. Your video was a good fit for one such chain. On the other hand the algorithm constantly tries to improve such "chains" for even more addictive viewer experience - that's why it will randomly reshuffle and try to find even better "combinations" of videos. If you want your video to stay longer in such chain it must be really "perfect fit" for it and nothing better should be around. BTW our best hit up to now was around one year in such chain (beauty/make up videos).
In anyway Good luck with your videos in the future!
 
YouTube plays with suggested videos, they come and go, it's an algorithm thing. I've had videos go from a handful of views to over a million in just a few weeks, only to drop way back down again, then rise, etc. I've also had some that went big right off the bat, for months getting huge views (many millions) then just drop 75% and hit a new, lower consistent rhythm. Some of our bigger viewed videos always cap at the same exact hourly number of views, and drop, and create a specific repeatably pattern. I don't think that's random. I think YouTube algorithms say, "once it hits X number of views we take it off suggested video lists and cap it", even on a daily routine basis, and maybe the same for the floor levels too. This is just speculation though, but I don't think the views would randomly be so exact over so many weeks, and then dramatically rise or lower to a new rhythm. I think YouTube slots them. And I'm thankful for the slots YouTube has provided for us, no doubt. Being reliant on suggested videos for the vast majority of views provides potentially monster views way beyond your subscriber base, but it's also riskier if algorithms change overnight. Being reliant on subs for views is more predictable and you're not at the mercy of algorithms. Algorithms have been very merciful to us though and catching the algorithm sails can take you places no subs can! Bless you, YouTube!
 
Last edited:
Back
Top