Free vs paid video editor

Bogru

Reaction score
I am working on the Android video editor from my status. I don't want to include adds, but I need to generate some revenue. I'd like to know what feature would it need, that would make you pay for the app, say 5$ or 10$.

Last edited:

Styxie

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Make a free version with either a paid Pro version or microtransactions to buy some sections of it? I'd never pay for an Android editing app though, there's tons already around for free and any serious editing is done on a computer for me.

Bogru

Reaction score
Yet, Android devices have some clear advantages when it comes to not so complex video editing, especially if the video is recorded with the camera on the device (which are getting better and better):
- using gestures to speed up editing
- simpler interfaces
- great performance with low power consumption relative to the amount of processing. The devices contain hardware decoders which run independent of the CPU. So, a video editor could put to work hardware decoders for decoding, GPU for applying effects and CPU for the rest of processing, all in parallel, leading to great performance per power consumption. 4k video export runs almost realtime on a Samsung S7, which is already old.

While they cannot yet compete with desktop editors in terms of capabilities, they can win because they are always in your pocket.