Free On Screen Recording

MizzCreativeDreamer

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Does anyone know where I can download for free a programme I can use to record what I am doing on screen like for example playing a game.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
For playing games you will most likely need a capture card in your computer or a PVR but just for recording your screen when not playing games you could try these programs out:

Camstudio
Debut Capture Software

I havent used Debut before but a member here recommended me it.

Fraps can be used for recording gaming but I am uncertain about its quality and performance, also it is a paid software but it doesn't require any additional hardware like a capture card etc (I think) you could try out the trial first:

Fraps

Neakiaro

Banned
Reaction score
For playing games you will most likely need a capture card in your computer or a PVR but just for recording your screen when not playing games you could try these programs out:

Camstudio
Debut Capture Software

I havent used Debut before but a member here recommended me it.

Fraps can be used for recording gaming but I am uncertain about its quality and performance, also it is a paid software but it doesn't require any additional hardware like a capture card etc (I think) you could try out the trial first:

Fraps

Worse thing about free Fraps would be its 30 seconds trial.

I didn't recommend Debut for this. I recommended it as a screen recorder like browsers and small flash games ect. It even makes any big game lag no matter how good your computer is, the output is always low framerate on large games.

Camstudio is free and works quite well, though its a bit like what I said with Debut.

The best thing to do would be to find a cracked version of Fraps. Its the only cracked version of a program where you actually have to try and look for a version with a virus if you're wanting a virus from a cracked version.

Tip if you're looking for a cracked version, always go with YouTube. Look at the likes and dislikes, go on another video if ratings are disabled. Look at the comments and see if they look genuine. Then comment and see if the comments are pending or not, this will tell you if he uses a bot to get fake comments or if they are real people saying its genuine, if they are pending then they are also filtering out the good from bad ones.