Bob Wallace

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
No Classic Rock Ballads playlist can be complete without including one of the worlds' most recognized rock ballads of all time. "I Want To Know What Love Is" by Foreigner. Recorded in November 1984 on their Agent Provocateur album. This song topped music charts all over the world. Knocking off Madonna's long-running "Like a Virgin" out of #1 spot on the BillboardHot 100 on February 2, 1985.

It reached the #1 spot in U.S. ,U.K. ,Canada, Australia, Ireland, Hew Zealand, Norway, and Sweden, peaking at #2 in Switzerland and South Africa, as well as reaching the top ten in many other country's. "I Want To Know What Love Is" is listed as one of the Rolling Stone magazine's greatest songs of ALL TIME at #479. The song is also featured in a number of films.

Basically, this is just a typical power ballad that often deals with romantic and intimate relationships, loneliness, sadness, and to a lesser extent, war (protest songs). However, due in part to Lou Gramm's soulful lead vocals and the New Jersey Mass Choir's background vocals, this song has a dreamy, hypnotic feel to it, that sets it apart from other ballads. As such, I edited several clips in this video that would give it that mood. Hope you all enjoy it.