For programming vidoes, Is it better to make a Playlist or one long video to explain a topic?

Which one should I chose?

• +2 hours long youtube video

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A playlist of multiple videos

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Both, collecting the playlist videos and publish as a one long youtube video

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

Zeyad Shaban

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
If I'm explaining a programming language (Python) It would take me at least 2 hours to fully explain it. Python is divided into many mini topics like data structure, variables, functions, etc...
So should I make a playlist and each video will cover one of those mini topics? (Like The Net Ninja style)
Or create a long youtube video explaining everything and dividing topics using a timeline? (Like Programming With Mosh style)

Or maybe both? after completing the Playlist I collect the videos together and publish them as one long Youtube video with a unique thumbnail? am I even allowed to do this

crazy-logic

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
If I'm explaining a programming language (Python) It would take me at least 2 hours to fully explain it. Python is divided into many mini topics like data structure, variables, functions, etc...
So should I make a playlist and each video will cover one of those mini topics? (Like The Net Ninja style)
Or create a long youtube video explaining everything and dividing topics using a timeline? (Like Programming With Mosh style)
I would break it up into logical steps - people will rewatch certain video's if they are confused or struggling. also allows people to follow along event if they only have say 10-20 mins for one video.

after completing the Playlist I collect the videos together and publish them as one long Youtube video with a unique thumbnail? am I even allowed to do this
Yes it's your content so you can do this. Many channels do this taking snips from a full video.