First Copyright Strike

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
So after uploading videos on YouTube for nearly 5 years, i managed to just get a copyright strike on my channel... (because I posted a fan trailer for Legend of Korra last year and I really shouldn't have....) I was just wondering if there's any way to undo that strike or is there an amount of time I have to wait until the copyright strike goes away. Also what happens when you have one strike... do I lose any privileges. (oh I just noticed I can't make videos unlisted anymore, but I can still make the private.
-I hope I post this in the right thread.

Daniel

YTtalk's Juicy Lemon
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I believe you can either dispute the copyright claim or wait 6 months for it to overturn itself.

Reactions: Nicekid76

GafferGames

YTTalk's Local Sloth
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator
A copyright strike goes away after 6 months of no copyright violations have occurred, and the only way to remove it is to get the owner to revoke the claim.

unknown_user0032

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
So after uploading videos on YouTube for nearly 5 years, i managed to just get a copyright strike on my channel... (because I posted a fan trailer for Legend of Korra last year and I really shouldn't have....) I was just wondering if there's any way to undo that strike or is there an amount of time I have to wait until the copyright strike goes away. Also what happens when you have one strike... do I lose any privileges. (oh I just noticed I can't make videos unlisted anymore, but I can still make the private.
-I hope I post this in the right thread.
Sadly with this kind of thing you're stuck for six months :( it's only when the strike is false (say, someone did it to spite you, or you have permission to upload it) can you clear it. The only way to get rid of the strike is delete the video.

GafferGames

YTTalk's Local Sloth
Reaction score
Channel Type
Sadly with this kind of thing you're stuck for six months :( it's only when the strike is false (say, someone did it to spite you, or you have permission to upload it) can you clear it. The only way to get rid of the strike is delete the video.
I believe you can ask the owner to remove the claim if you prove to them you did not intend to make any money off of their work, and that it was purely for entertainment purposes.

Reactions: unknown_user0032

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Oh not that is not good. :(
I know I had like a heart attack when I saw it in my email... and then they make you take a Copyright Test.....

I believe you can either dispute the copyright claim or wait 6 months for it to overturn itself.
In all honesty 6months isn't that bad... If you can't do the time, don't do the crime. >.<

Really (deletes video) I deleted the video but the strike is still there. :( thanks though.

Reactions: TheWillBox

unknown_user0032

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I know I had like a heart attack when I saw it in my email... and then they make you take a Copyright Test.....

In all honesty 6months isn't that bad... If you can't do the time, don't do the crime. >.<

Really (deletes video) I deleted the video but the strike is still there. :( thanks though.
Oh! I heard that worked :( sorry!

GafferGames

YTTalk's Local Sloth
Reaction score
Channel Type
Oh! I heard that worked :( sorry!
Deleting the video doesn't remove the claim unfortunately, but it does give you a better standing with debating to get the claim removed :)

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Deleting the video doesn't remove the claim unfortunately, but it does give you a better standing with debating to get the claim removed :)
but how would I debate if it's copyright infringement or is debating just asking for them to take the strike away?