Finding the right topic to talk about on YouTube

ykrypto

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
hey :) i'm krypto and i'm looking for topics to start out my YouTube channel and some advice on editing i'm fairly new to everything.! Computer savvy but cant wrap my head around editing due to my lack of ever needing to edit. I currently use hit film 3 for my editing software and am slowly learning any advice would be greatly appreciated i'm trying to find ways to separate my self from the crowd but i'm interested in doing call of duty videos and whatever crosses my head when recording. but i'm not someone who talks a lot in real life and it can prove daunting to come up with stuff to talk about ( not trying to cover news like drama alert and scarce). any tips for whatever would be really helpful Thanks :)

Reactions: RageOfTheAges

Maxemole

Resident Potato
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
This is something that needs to come a bit later it sounds like. Right now it sounds like you need to work on your editing and coming up with things to talk about. Practice commentating whenever you are playing even if you aren't recording, it may seem weird at first but it really helps haha.

Reactions: ykrypto

ykrypto

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thanks man :) ive been practicing and its slowly improving only issue is what to talk about since the community i choose is very competitive and i don't want follow the gaming community.

Reactions: Maxemole

JacobofArabia

Them 4 YTTalkers
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator
Thanks man :) ive been practicing and its slowly improving only issue is what to talk about since the community i choose is very competitive and i don't want follow the gaming community.
Being original is quite difficult but the only thing i can say is if you find a niche topic or just something you enjoy talking about go for it!

Le Fancy Narwhal

The Fanciest of All Narwhals
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Guru, Gamer
It definitely was a hurdle for me. It's so difficult to go from saying nothing during a pretty passive and isolating experience to having to react to and commentate over every little thing. What helps is practice. Just react to the gameplay as you go along and you'll get better with being more entertaining. If you're someone who wants to talk about a topic as you play, or record commentary in post production, then just talk about something you're passionate about. I'd recommend something in the gaming or youtube industries, but I wouldn't necessarily limit it to that if you're passionate about something else. Something that viewers like are really dynamic and interesting youtubers who act as they would with any of their friends. Just be yourself and talk about what you want to.

ykrypto

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
That helps alot really appreciate that

ykrypto

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thnaks for your feed back lists may be something ill need to try. by sitting and planning many videos in advanced may give me time to think about stuff

RageOfTheAges

Reaction score
I used to be really bad about commentary on my old channel, but what we do down here at Rage is we usually have a list and we choose a topic or something we may get to in a video. We don't always get to it because we like to be spontaneous but that's how it is. On commentary all it is, is trying to be energetic and try to project energy. Have a great day!![DOUBLEPOST=1461024396,1461023377][/DOUBLEPOST]
This is something that needs to come a bit later it sounds like. Right now it sounds like you need to work on your editing and coming up with things to talk about. Practice commentating whenever you are playing even if you aren't recording, it may seem weird at first but it really helps haha.
This isn't related at all but I really like your Isaac video in your sig!!! I'm a diehard fan! (even though I suck)