• Please note that all milestone posts must not be of a promotional nature and must conform to the Milestones Forum Rules. All "almost" and "nearly" milestone threads are deleted.

Finally hit 50 Subs!!!

OntheWrist

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
After about 6 months, I've finally hit 50 subscribers! It may not seem like much, but I'm really happy with that achievement. About 50% of them have been in the last 2 months, so I am very hopeful that I am gaining a little momentum. I have seen the average number of views on my videos increase and the number of impressions are going up, so I think I'm starting to get some traction.

I've been focusing lately on improving my thumbnails, channel appearance, and also sharpening my content. I make wristwatch reviews and content, so a lot of the filming comes down to lighting to highlight features on the watch. I've been playing with a few different light positions, but I've started to get a really solid grasp on the positioning which has helped the videos look better. I'm hoping to branch out into more watch industry related content this year, however I think the reviews are the things that will get views. We'll see about that!

My goal for 2021 is to hit 100 subscribers in the first quarter! Hopefully I'll be back to post about that soon :D

Reactions: Gediphoto

cy's escapes

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Congrats on the milestone! I just checked out your latest video, it's nicely done and I can see your watch clearly. I would only suggest a snappier intro, the text is erring a bit on the poor side in terms of resolution.

Reactions: OntheWrist

mirrorlessNY(youtuber)

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Congrats, good job on thumbnails > keep experimenting with them, after 3 years I'm still trying to figure what works best so lots of work to do
btw if you like to throw in some bouldering/hiking content on the channel you can make it more relatable by mentioning what watch you are wearing & how it performs in those conditions = ruggedness, lightweight, solar, gps, elevation, heart rate etc...

Reactions: OntheWrist

OntheWrist

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
Congrats on the milestone! I just checked out your latest video, it's nicely done and I can see your watch clearly. I would only suggest a snappier intro, the text is erring a bit on the poor side in terms of resolution.
Thank you for checking it out! Yes, I have been meaning to make a new intro. The text is quite blurry. Thank you for the advise!

Congrats, good job on thumbnails > keep experimenting with them, after 3 years I'm still trying to figure what works best so lots of work to do
btw if you like to throw in some bouldering/hiking content on the channel you can make it more relatable by mentioning what watch you are wearing & how it performs in those conditions = ruggedness, lightweight, solar, gps, elevation, heart rate etc...
Thank you! That is a good idea. I do want to do more bouldering videos come spring time. That is a nice way to tie in to the actual theme of my channel rather than just having it be random "bonus" content.