Feel Like I Know the Audience, But People Can't Find Me

We are doing an October series special with the longer format so hopefully that will help. We are also focusing on world building as well. The goal is that even if you don't like the videos, at least the content has a consistent quality and style to keep someone watching. Thanks for the feedback! Honesty is truly appreciated.

now strangers may watch and not like it but because it was that style thats keep you watching you want to click another one! keep that going this may get people to like the videos! i certainly want to watch more!

Thanks for the support, I think some of the trouble I'm facing is the amount of time it takes to build the sets, film, and edit in a week while working a full time job. Not to mention how expensive this show is. Focusing on longer episodes and releasing every 2 weeks might be better. But I also don't want to leave my followers and subscribers waiting that long. Thank you for the feedback!

I totally understand, didn't mean to sound unrealistic or whiny, just new to everything and trying to come up with the best strategy possible. I want to make sure I'm not making the same mistakes later that I'm making now and was looking for a check in from other Youtubers. It was disappointing not to see as many subscribers/views transfer from Instagram and I wasn't sure if I had setup things correctly or if they were just interested in images and not the show, or didn't like it altogether. I understand I need more content out there and time to really grasp my situation and understand YouTube better. I've been reading a lot of threads on this site and everyone has been extremely helpful, thank you for your feedback!

A couple of things right off the bat:

1. None of your keywords are in your video titles or video descriptions. If you want to be ranked for "bearded dragon" or "funny reptile" then those exact words need to be in your video title and somewhere in the description, but they aren't in ANY of your videos.

2. Your titles are almost 100% unsearchable. "Simon's Lair - Birdstrand's Shop" has zero words in it that someone would search for. Likewise for the video descriptions. There's nothing in the description text about bearded dragons or funny reptiles, or any of the terms someone would be searching for.

"Bearded Dragon Skit - Funny Reptiles! - Simon's Lair" is far more searchable than "Simon's Lair - Bogash's Wish" is. The latter will never be found by anyone, especially with no keywords in the video description, either.

Hope those help! Good luck. Remember that you are just beginning a VERY long journey! Hang in there!

A couple of things right off the bat:

1. None of your keywords are in your video titles or video descriptions. If you want to be ranked for "bearded dragon" or "funny reptile" then those exact words need to be in your video title and somewhere in the description, but they aren't in ANY of your videos.

2. Your titles are almost 100% unsearchable. "Simon's Lair - Birdstrand's Shop" has zero words in it that someone would search for. Likewise for the video descriptions. There's nothing in the description text about bearded dragons or funny reptiles, or any of the terms someone would be searching for.

"Bearded Dragon Skit - Funny Reptiles! - Simon's Lair" is far more searchable than "Simon's Lair - Bogash's Wish" is. The latter will never be found by anyone, especially with no keywords in the video description, either.

Hope those help! Good luck. Remember that you are just beginning a VERY long journey! Hang in there!

this has just helped me also! cheers bud

Highfalutin' Low Carb gave some great advice. You don't need to rewrite everything, just add those keywords to your content. Make sure that they are in the title, add the keywords a few times in the description, and be sure to add the keyword to tags. If you're trying to rank for funny reptiles and bearded dragons just add a few sentences to your description that have both of those keywords. Example: "If you like funny reptiles and bearded dragons then you need to check out this video." And then add another similar sentence later in the description. Try to get the keyword in the beginning of your description, as it seems to do much better for being seen by YouTube.

Now on to those keywords. "Funny reptiles" and "bearded dragons" are fairly competitive, so ranking on the first page for them will be difficult. You're better off choosing keywords that are easier to rank, which are called longtail keywords. Here is an example of a longtail keyword:

Normal Keywords: bearded dragons

Longtail keywords: bearded dragons eating crickets (just an example)

Last edited:
Back