Feedback on the target audience

Shreyans Mehta

Reaction score
When I started my channel, the initial target audience I had in mind were college students and young professionals in the age group 18-25. But, now I am not so sure.

My content seems to be attracting 30-40 age bracket more. Should I revise my target audience for the channel? If so, what all changes would you suggest me to make to the channel?

Your review will be highly appreciated

Thanks in advance!

mirrorlessNY(youtuber)

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
30-40 age bracket is also "college students and young professionals "
18-25 bracket might be too busy with tiktok & instagram = little time left for YouTube :O_o2:
I think you are doing great, keep going

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
What is it about your content that makes people 35 years old think it's mainly for them?
Would the people in your life who are 18 years old watch your content? Or do you think they would find it boring?
Are you 30-40 years old?

People tend to flock toward people who look, talk, and act like them. Are you talking like an 18-25 year old person or do you look that age. Do you relate your concept in examples for that age bracket.
Most people don't go to a child for information about how to run the country regardless of how much wisdom they have on the topic. Likewise someone who is 65 on youtube will rarely attract a demographic of people who are 18. If you want to attract that demographic you need to imagine the viewing experience from their eyes. When they click on your channel how do they know this is the place they have been looking for to find all the questions regarding personal development and time management? Do you tell them this is the purpose of your channel? Does the way your videos look, feel and flow attract that age.

For example from your video's infobox :
"While the first video on time management spoke about the four quadrants of priority"
I don't think a single person 18 - 25 years old is saying four quadrants of priority. To me, it sounds like a 35+ year old professor with a background in mathematics or engineering.

From that point - if you want to keep that demographic you need to change your content or who you deliver our content. OR you need to change your demographic to be more realistic to the style of person who would most like and appreciate your content.

18-25 bracket might be too busy with tiktok & instagram = little time left for YouTube
I completely doubt this is the issue. It's always easier to blame the audience BUT there are many other time management channels on youtube for teens and college students that have 100k subscribers.

There's a tv show called "Bar Rescue" where failing Bars get rescued by a guy who has owned and operated many successful bars. One thing a lot of the bar owners say to him is "well this town just doesn't like bars. Bars don't do well in this town. And then they take a drive around the town to see that every bar in town is packed and full. The owners of the bars are always quick to blame the community but 9 times of of 10, in reality, it's their own fault for whether or not people come to the restaurant and which demographic they bring in. Really it's the same on youtube. Not saying the audience is always right, but the mentality of "they are just not on youtube" theyre to busy using tiktok sorta prevents your from thinking of what you can improve to attach and keep your target audience.

This is my 2 cents. hope it helps