false video claim but audio monetised by copyright holder?

frank123

Reaction score
A unique situation i need advise on.
I have a song remix uploaded. Over a year old. Its been monetised by the copyright holder of the song for a while (which is fine by me)
But the video was blocked recently due to a video clip claim from some random childrens company. This thing is i just used a basic imovie background for it with text. This is surely public domain stuff and not owned by anyone.
When I attempt to counter claim youtube asks if im sure the “video” doesnt contain copyrighted content. Well it does but that isnt the problem here. It also looks as though this childrens company has monetised the video at somepoint and therefore as received revenue. Im worried about channel termination if i proceed. Any idea where I can go from here?

BrettMikaluk

Uniquely Awesome Since 1997
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
I would get in touch with YouTube, try to send an email to a person or a support email account rather than fill out their forms!

Reactions: frank123

ALEA freelicencemusic

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
these random claims are getting out of hand. I'll be following the thread. please let us know if you have any news.

BrettMikaluk

Uniquely Awesome Since 1997
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Thanks Brett. Do you know an email I could try?
I unfortunately do not, I haven't needed to send them an email. I'm sure some quick Google searches would yield results. If I have time, I'll take a look around!