False matched content claim - How to dispute?

koevoetje

Hi all,

I upload gameplay of the videogame League of legends by Riot Games, inc.
The Riot games video creation & use policy allows "fans" to create videos from the game within their guidelines.

Lately 4 of the gameplay videos i created are flagged with the matched content claim.
The claim is made by an Esports organisation that also records ingame matches.
The video's are simular in a sense because of the art and sounds in the game, while they are my own original creation.

What is the right way to dispute this claim?

- The video is my original content and I own all of the rights to it.
- I have a licence or written permission from the proper rights holder to use this material.
- My use of the content meets the legal requirements for fair use or fair dealing under applicable copyright laws.
- The content is in the public domain or is not eligible for copyright protection.

Hope to hear from you Youtubers :)

Unsure if i can post links but it's a movie reviewer and he had to fight content ID for like almsot all of his videos. Apologies if I can't post links, just type yms content id into the url bar in youtube.

Your dispute should be the meeting the elgal requirements for fair use or fair dealing :)[DOUBLEPOST=1410016542,1410016380][/DOUBLEPOST]The yms content id goes through what claim mean and how it isn't breaking copyright just a database matching frames and audio in your video to ones database with ones uploaded to the game publishers database upload.

Are we sure it is fair use in this case because we got "written permissions" to create video's from the game. [riotgames_com/legal-jibber-jabber]
Also the Company that claims the content is not the creator of the video game nor the owner of the intellectual property.

Thanks in advance

@koevoetje use "I have a licence or written permission from the proper rights holder to use this material."

Fair use is never a way to dispute videos on youtube especially ones that are monetized. If you are getting hit by an unfair claim, do a few steps such as check the websites legal page or some companies actually have their own section that states the rules on youtube uploading. BUT make sure that if you are monetizing it, it states that all fans are allowed to make money off the videos that they make.

Such as Tripwires policy on their website for killing floor

We are very happy for members of our community to produce videos of our games, using video images, footage, music, sounds, speech, or other assets from our products (Tripwire Interactive Content), with a few rules. Except as noted below, Tripwire Interactive Content may only be used for NON-commercial use – i.e. you can’t use our content to make you richer, without our permission.

Any and all videos created using Tripwire Interactive Content must be available to view by anyone, for free. Websites that charge users a “Premium Fee” to view videos can only be used where there is also a “Free” option to view the videos. In other words, users should not, under any circumstances, be forced to pay money to view the videos.

The exception to this is websites that run “partner programs”, such as Youtube that allow you to monetize your videos without charging the viewers a fee.

Monetization Permissions:

This applies to the following websites/services at this time (and ONLY these services):

• Youtube
  • Justin.tv
  • Blip.tv
  • Own3d.tv
  • Ustream.tv
OR if they don't have it stated on their website then simply contact them and MAKE SURE that it is clearly stated that you are allowed to monetize their video and audio for your videos. So when you get hit with an unfair claim you can simply take a screenshot of the email or their website and upload the picture to the support team so they can release the video back to you. This is how I do all my let's plays and it has helped me in the long run with claims so I hope this helps you to!

@GamingHappens

So in this case you would get a content claim from a different company than Tripwire Interactive Content on your Lets play Killing Floor you would choose the following option?
- I have a licence or written permission from the proper rights holder to use this material.

My mother language is not English but i would assume this is the right one to pick in this case?

You're aloud to make videos using the game, the company have no right to claim it so simply say "I have a licence or written permission from the proper rights holder to use this material."

Back