FAKE DMCA COMPLAINTS ACCEPTED BY YOUTUBE TO REMOVE LEGIT CLIPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
But really it shouldn't happen in the first place, that's like me deleting a select few members posts here and having them go through an appeal to get them back because a select few of other members were posting illegal content and that is without me properly checking their posts first, I doubt any would want to stay here or feel comfortable posting again. It is a right mess on for the end user and the process could and should be a lot more effective and efficient.

I do agree though it is their website and they can do what they want which applies to almost every website within reason but its a shame things cant be better for processes like this one.

According to Alexa it is third - http://www.alexa.com/topsites but it is definitely the best in the niche.

hiho33cool

Reaction score
Its not stupid, its the rules. I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but bureaucracy is bureaucracy. There is nothing you can do really but switch to blip.tv or vimeo. Their copyright rules are more lenient.
I mean I get what you're saying, false DMCA claims are a b***h but there is nothing you can do. Its their website, and its one of the most, if not, popular site on the internet and they do give you an option to fight a claim. Yes it takes time, but if you care about you videos its worth it.
You still don't get the point to be honest - Youtube is reinterpreting the DMCA procedure - out of laziness.
Most professional websites and ISPs MAKE SURE FIRST that the DMCA complaint is valid.
Do you understand this so far...... their security teams check the validity of the complaint before taking any action or not.

Youtube re-interprets the DMCA process in its own infuriating illogical way> they automatically strike with ANY complaint they get.
This is a flawed ridiculous prehistoric caveman mentality.
It does nothing but cause anarchy.

Youtube is NOT following proper DMCA protocol.
They are ACCEPTING criminally-launched fake DMCA complaints.

Your 'idea' of youtube being 'proper' would go out of the window if as a massive show of protest, every clip on YT had fake DMCA complaints launched against them and getting automatic strikes and prohibitions against them. You would then see how fast Youtube reviewed its shabby policies once the sky fell on them with complaints of the BS 'shoot-first' procedures.

Nothing is written in stone. People can protest and speak up if they see something wrong.
The 'there's nothing you can do about it' mentality is for sheep and people who let themselves get walked over in life.

Once again- YOUTUBE takes down many legit channels and clips based on fake dmca complaints. They do it many times. Fact.

Krowwzz

^^ Cool Dude
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My account got taken down due to DMCA complaints, some troll and his buddies put over 25 DMCA complaints on all my videos... Thus I have no account now :'(

QMQuizology

TheTubeInn
Reaction score
This happened to a channel im subscribed too, Show Nobody Watches. He lost his parntership with YT due to someone putting in complaints, even tho his channel is a blog and uses nothing that could be viewed as a breach in copyright.

Status
Not open for further replies.