Facecam yes or no? [Discussion]

AARONAUTIX

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Hey guys,
I myself don't use facecam in my vids but I know how much potential it has.
Do you use facecams or what were your experiences ?
Hope I'll get some advice from you guys.
See ya:)

AngelAttack

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
From my experience, using facecam takes more work, 'cause you have to sync the audio with the gameplay AND the camera, but, yeah, I think it makes the video more personal and whatnot. Or you can, y'know, use it to make the video funnier - like, if you were to record a horror game. Plus facecam videos usually get more views, if that's what you want xD

Reactions: AARONAUTIX

AARONAUTIX

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
From my experience, using facecam takes more work, 'cause you have to sync the audio with the gameplay AND the camera, but, yeah, I think it makes the video more personal and whatnot. Or you can, y'know, use it to make the video funnier - like, if you were to record a horror game. Plus facecam videos usually get more views, if that's what you want xD
thx for the reply :) yeah I'm not quite sure yet if I implement it but if you look at channels like game grumps you can see it definetily works without it too ^^

Jubbcity

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Hey guys,
I myself don't use facecam in my vids but I know how much potential it has.
Do you use facecams or what were your experiences ?
Hope I'll get some advice from you guys.
See ya:)
Like what AngelAttack said, it's hard work. But I'd say that it depends on what game you're playing. If you're alone, then YES WEBCAM! Because you would be looking at the audience, talking with them and whatnot. But if you're playing a multiplayer game I would suggest no webcam. For example, Kwebbelkop, although he's not very entertaining, puts on a webcam regardless when he's playing GTA V with his friends. The webcam is redundant because he's not interacting with the audience or looking at the camera at all. You just kinda see him interacting with his friends looking at a screen the whole time which is just a waste of space.
So I would say go for it, if you're playing solo games that is. If you're playing a game with friends then don't bother with the webcam.

Reactions: AARONAUTIX

AARONAUTIX

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Like what AngelAttack said, it's hard work. But I'd say that it depends on what game you're playing. If you're alone, then YES WEBCAM! Because you would be looking at the audience, talking with them and whatnot. But if you're playing a multiplayer game I would suggest no webcam. For example, Kwebbelkop, although he's not very entertaining, puts on a webcam regardless when he's playing GTA V with his friends. The webcam is redundant because he's not interacting with the audience or looking at the camera at all. You just kinda see him interacting with his friends looking at a screen the whole time which is just a waste of space.
So I would say go for it, if you're playing solo games that is. If you're playing a game with friends then don't bother with the webcam.
That's a point of view I haven't considered yet. Thx for the reply :)

Kcomics

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Most popular gaming channels have face cam. But of course some dun. However, if you're good looking, or funny looking, or just grab attention in any ways, then sure add ur face cam.

NoirAscii

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Yeah I think it caters to different audiences. Facecam for more personal input towards your audience, essentially putting 'a face to the name', just audio for the more gameplay focused watchers.