Facecam technique?

Lekjih

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So, I hope this is in the correct place, but what do you think are the most important things for facecam? I've seen youtubers who look dead in the water staring at their screen, and others who are so hyperactive I get a headache watching them! Are there tutorials and resources out there for teaching proper technique for this? If someone was going to use facecam, what advice would you give them?

Rolz

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Everyone has a 'good' side...make sure the angle of your cam captures it :p what cam will you be using if I may ask?

Lekjih

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Oh my, probably best not to ask, as I only have my laptop webcam and its 7fps capture rate. Has about 12px, I swear to God :p

Rolz

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Oh my, probably best not to ask, as I only have my laptop webcam and its 7fps capture rate. Has about 12px, I swear to God :p
Hahaha ah well at least it's something! I'm actually in the process of getting one as I have nothing right now :p

Reactions: Lekjih

AdmUp

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If you're going to be adding a facecam to videos, it's best not to have the best webcam anyway. Unless you intend on zooming in or making it fullscreen even 480p is more than fine for a small box in the corner. Facecams only purpose really is to catch reactions so make sure you're well lit and have a good angle (not looking too far down etc)

Reactions: Lekjih