Facebook and Freebooting: Is Enough Being Done to Protect Video Creators?

Frogger77

Member
Hello,

I have found an interesting article on Freebooting: Posting other people's original content without permission of the creator.
ReelSEO: facebook-freebooting
www reelseo com facebook-freebooting

Facebook doesn't have a comprehensive copyright tracking feature right now, and too many users are getting away with uploading (not just sharing) content that doesn't belong to them.

I find this very upsetting and it takes away part of the joy of content creating for me...
What are your thoughts on this?

Thank you!
Have a great weekend everybody! :)
 
Video about Facebook Freebooting by YouTube channel SmarterEveryDay:

YouTube channel: SmarterEveryDay
Video: Facebook Freebooting

Watch this video! Even companies are stealing YouTube videos.

See link in post from markkaz :)
 
There's absolutely nothing being done by facebook, and by the time you file a copyright takedown they take up to a week or more to take the video down (all the while earning revenue for all the views the video got till your take down notice and that extra week). Facebook should be paying the enterity of the revenue of said stolen content, but alas they don't care. I used this trick, type it in google: site:facebook.com/video "name of video" , and found countless reuploads of my animations with thousands of views.
 
I used this trick, type it in google: site:facebook.com/video "name of video" , and found countless reuploads of my animations with thousands of views.

Thank you very much for this trick! :up2:

I really hope some day it will be possible to track content in the internet, because I do not have the time to search for all of my videos and photos every day.

I now watermark all of my videos, thumbnails and photos.
 
Someone please explain to me how people spreading and liking your video is a bad thing?

Edit: Nevermind, misunderstood the issue.
 
Just like the big Hollywood studios can't stop people from pirating movies you can't stop people from ripping off your content. However, most of them are dumb enough to re-upload it on YouTube, and then you can report and get it taken down quite easily.
 
Just like the big Hollywood studios can't stop people from pirating movies you can't stop people from ripping off your content. However, most of them are dumb enough to re-upload it on YouTube, and then you can report and get it taken down quite easily.

How do I know if someone re-uploaded my video on YouTube?
Please excuse if this is a dumb question, but I really do not know this. :help:

I do not always have the time to search for my videos and check if somebody re-uploaded it to YouTube or to Facebook.
 
How do I know if someone re-uploaded my video on YouTube?
Please excuse if this is a dumb question, but I really do not know this. :help:

I do not always have the time to search for my videos and check if somebody re-uploaded it to YouTube or to Facebook.

It would be hard to know. You can search for your channel name or search for terms related to your video and see if you find it uploaded onto another channel. You can search for the exact title name but they have more than likely changed the title so you can't find it.
 
Back
Top