opbmedia
Member
I have been studying/analyzing multiple methods to promote and grow YouTube channels. Partly because I am interested in the business case -- I am a business/entrepreneurship professor and teach marketing and tech. Partly because I want to grow an entrepreneur community -- I do so off YouTube: I assist startups, I run meetups, I am opening a coworking space and incubator, etc.
Anyway, on a whim, I decided to that I should have a control group/B sample to see if a channel can grow organically. So starting yesterday, I started a new channel under my personal name to do daily vlog and video diary. I reference the main channel in videos in the new channel, but I will not promote the new channel in my main channel, on my social media accounts, or anywhere else for that matter. I am literally going to upload a video a day, in a consistent format and quality, and just document my day.
How many subs/views do yall think I will get? My sense is not many if at all. I want to see if YouTube algo will completely ignore new content with no external input.
Maybe I will have 365 videos with ZERO views next year? That would be some kind of achievement!
Anyway, on a whim, I decided to that I should have a control group/B sample to see if a channel can grow organically. So starting yesterday, I started a new channel under my personal name to do daily vlog and video diary. I reference the main channel in videos in the new channel, but I will not promote the new channel in my main channel, on my social media accounts, or anywhere else for that matter. I am literally going to upload a video a day, in a consistent format and quality, and just document my day.
How many subs/views do yall think I will get? My sense is not many if at all. I want to see if YouTube algo will completely ignore new content with no external input.
Maybe I will have 365 videos with ZERO views next year? That would be some kind of achievement!