Error Uploading An Avatar? Find Out How To Fix Your Image

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This error will not apply to most people uploading an avatar but if you do get an error this is how to fix it.

If you are encountering an error when uploading an avatar to YTtalk it is usually due to the file type being incorrectly named.

If the file originated as a .png file and someone renamed the extension to .jpg YTtalk will pick that up and give an error, in order to fix this issue you will need to resave the image you want to use as its original format or rename the file extension from .jpg, .gif, .png to its correct extension.

You may not have made such changes yourself but the site where you got it from could have.

In Windows to view file extensions you need to turn viewing of them on as its off by default, to do this click Start > My Computer > Organize (top left) > Folder and Search Options >View > Then check off Hide extensions for know file types and then press okay.

Now you can see the images file extension, if it says .jpg, try renaming the .jpg part to .png and reuploading it. If this doesnt work try it the other way around or renaming to .gif.

I hope this helps those who encounter an error whilst uploading an avatar.

If you have any questions or need further help feel free to ask :)

Bosco

MLG Player | aoX | UnDefined | ReBirth |
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator
Hope this helps people :)

Luckily I never got an error, but it would prove to be annoying to be uploading a jpg and it saying its not :)

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I used to get this error years ago myself, I didnt know how to fix it too and I would give up, lots of people think its an issue with their computer, browser, internet connection or the forum but its always the image to blame :)

Bosco

Reaction score
Channel Type
Stupid image >.<

Bosco

Reaction score
Channel Type
Also, a note I just remembered, to all users of chrome(don't know if others do this) when downloading an image, or other type off of the internet, and it is saved incorrectly, it will allow you to save as the original file extension. It should be a pop-up window that you decide use the original, or the files'.

Due to this error, I recommend you always save as the original source.