Elgato Game Capture HD, HD PVR2, or Rovio Game Capture HD Pro?

• Total voters

Elrenu

Official Completionist Seal of Approval
As the title says.

I want an easy to use capture card.
Really good quality.
And possibly low delay when viewing on a computer or laptop since i often use my capture card as a tv when visiting a friends house.
And I hear that Rovio is good for live streaming.

What do you think I should get and why?

As the title says.

I want an easy to use capture card.
Really good quality.
And possibly low delay when viewing on a computer or laptop since i often use my capture card as a tv when visiting a friends house.
And I hear that Rovio is good for live streaming.

What do you think I should get and why?

Why not try Elgato Game Capture HD? It's smooth, won't cause any freeze ups and it should be on sale for the Holidays.

Here are some of the benefits and features of the HD PVR 2:

- Best video recording quality available today. Hauppauge uses a professional video encoder which is used in broadcast TV studios and it delivers broadcast quality video recordings from a PS3 or an Xbox.

- Easiest game recorder to install. Compared with some video recorders which are USB powered, the HD PVR 2 will operate even when you disconnect your PC.

- A one touch built-in Record button, so you can start and stop the video recordings from the HD PVR 2 itself and not only from the PC screen. The makes the HD PVR 2 incredibly easy to use.

- The HD PVR 2 Personal logo inserter allows you to add a logo to your video recordings.

And lots more including no delay pass through to your HD TV.

I have the HD PVR 1 and it works great. I think the only diff is that the 2 can go to 1080p(?) while the other one goes to 1080i. Don't quote me on that tho.

Elgato, Good quality even when streaming. The PVR isn't that great at streaming, Elgato can record and stream great. Plus it's cheaper

Here are some of the benefits and features of the HD PVR 2:

- Best video recording quality available today. Hauppauge uses a professional video encoder which is used in broadcast TV studios and it delivers broadcast quality video recordings from a PS3 or an Xbox.

- Easiest game recorder to install. Compared with some video recorders which are USB powered, the HD PVR 2 will operate even when you disconnect your PC.

- A one touch built-in Record button, so you can start and stop the video recordings from the HD PVR 2 itself and not only from the PC screen. The makes the HD PVR 2 incredibly easy to use.

- The HD PVR 2 Personal logo inserter allows you to add a logo to your video recordings.

And lots more including no delay pass through to your HD TV.

You seem quite sure that the PVR is the choice. I'm actually interested in buying a game capture, too can anyone confirm how great the PVR is? I purely want the best quality for recording, not streaming or anything.

You seem quite sure that the PVR is the choice. I'm actually interested in buying a game capture, too can anyone confirm how great the PVR is? I purely want the best quality for recording, not streaming or anything.

You should probably get it then. UNLESS you plan to record to a Mac. The Elgato is the best choice for Mac users. The PVR requires you to use 3rd party software to record to Mac.[DOUBLEPOST=1354089363,1354089229][/DOUBLEPOST]
As the title says.

Wait, if you want to do this, the PVR is a bad idea, VERY bad delay. Although I'm not sure if the others are better.

You should probably get it then. UNLESS you plan to record to a Mac. The Elgato is the best choice for Mac users. The PVR requires you to use 3rd party software to record to Mac.[DOUBLEPOST=1354089363,1354089229][/DOUBLEPOST]

Wait, if you want to do this, the PVR is a bad idea, VERY bad delay. Although I'm not sure if the others are better.

Would you say that or the Black Magic Intensity Extreme are better? Sorry for prolonging this just want the best :) I'll be recording and editing with/to a windows computer with 10gb of ram and 4 ghz so thats not a problem.

Would you say that or the Black Magic Intensity Extreme are better? Sorry for prolonging this just want the best :) I'll be recording and editing with/to a windows computer with 10gb of ram and 4 ghz so thats not a problem.

I don't know much about that one. I know a bit about the Roxio (which sucks), Elgato, and the HD PVR

Back